Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 11:16 AM

22 posts, read 30,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Depending on your income, I would personally look at Cottage Home or maybe parts of Holy Cross both are just immediately east of downtown.
Well, at this point, there is no alternative. Are you telling me that it's bad? Tell me the truth, I can take it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 11:47 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,122,456 times
It's a large city so there will be some bad neighborhoods. Cottage Home isn't bad and there are some nice areas in Holy Cross. You would be better to widen your search, near north side, park fletcher to the south, Garfield Park area. The area over by Brookside park has some nice areas and brookside is a nice park. You need to be more forthcoming with exactly what you are looking for.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
It's a large city so there will be some bad neighborhoods. Cottage Home isn't bad and there are some nice areas in Holy Cross. You would be better to widen your search, near north side, park fletcher to the south, Garfield Park area. The area over by Brookside park has some nice areas and brookside is a nice park. You need to be more forthcoming with exactly what you are looking for.
As I stated, I'm up the creek here in Florida. My friend has been good enough to let me stay with him. I'm not *looking* for anything aside from a job right now. Just trying to get an idea of the neighborhood from others who might know. I know that it's an old neighborhood, which I personally will love. I'd just like to get some insight as to what it may be like.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:02 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,478,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Rat View Post
As I stated, I'm up the creek here in Florida. My friend has been good enough to let me stay with him. I'm not *looking* for anything aside from a job right now. Just trying to get an idea of the neighborhood from others who might know. I know that it's an old neighborhood, which I personally will love. I'd just like to get some insight as to what it may be like.
A good rule of thumb is if you see section 8 in Indianapolis then its a spicy neighborhood. If its not then idk why there would be issues. since Indianapolis is the fastest growing region in the midwest were adding a bunch of new people (And Diversity). Just keep in mind though our states court system will punish people to the max and not let them walk free (Casey Anthony anyone?)

Old 08-14-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Ah okay, but the map link you gave is pretty broad, can you narrow it down to say cross streets.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Ah okay, but the map link you gave is pretty broad, can you narrow it down to say cross streets.
Well, since I don't want to seem ungrateful, I haven't really asked him a whole lot of questions. I can tell you, however, that the house is located on East 11th Street. Cross street I don't know. Does this help at all?

Old 08-14-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Well, since I don't want to seem ungrateful, I haven't really asked him a whole lot of questions. I can tell you, however, that the house is located on East 11th Street. Cross street I don't know. Does this help at all?
Not really, east 11 can go aways

Old 08-14-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Not really, east 11 can go aways
I'm sorry, but I speak English. That makes no sense to me.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:19 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,478,099 times
Racing Rat take a deep breathe and be happy your coming into a new area. Lol calm down and just ride the wave here

Old 08-14-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Racing Rat take a deep breathe and be happy your coming into a new area. Lol calm down and just ride the wave here
Can you get me job as an English teacher? lol

Bad spelling and grammar just irritate me sooooooooooo much!

Last edited by Racing Rat; 08-14-2011 at 08:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis