Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,709 times

Advertisements

We moved back to the area 2 years ago after being away 30 years...my hubby is from New York and I was raised on the north east side...well the options of moving to that area was out. We first looked at schools and like the Hamilton county schools. I have a sister who lives in Carmel who married a Carmelite...she really wanted me to move to Carmel, but my Dad said I would hate the uppity people there. I have a sister who lives in Noblesville and she had me look at houses there, but my sister from Carmel said I would hate the rednecks in Nobletucky. So we moved to Westfield where the UPPITY REDNECKS lives. I am in Yuppy Hell...we moved into a subdivision from the country in North Carolina. But we needed a house that would accomadate my husband and I, a grandson we adopted and my daughter and her 3 children. She moved out 6 months after we bought the house...of course. Wish we could sell and move into one of those old 60-70s subdivisions with no HOA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 06:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,274 times
Carmel has strict ordinance because it is a nice place and we tent to keep it that way! We pay a higher price because it is nice and that is the lifestyle that most desire to live.
Im not being mean, its just Carmel is a nice place and you can ask anyone that lives here, it is not as stuck up as people WHO DO NOT LIVE IN CARMEL would say.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:33 PM

17,997 posts, read 9,002,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chscarmel View Post
Carmel has strict ordinance because it is a nice place and we tent to keep it that way! We pay a higher price because it is nice and that is the lifestyle that most desire to live.
Im not being mean, its just Carmel is a nice place and you can ask anyone that lives here, it is not as stuck up as people WHO DO NOT LIVE IN CARMEL would say.

Plainfield is the same way. We dont exactly have tons of $M houses like Carmel but we do have alot of them.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:39 PM

77 posts, read 244,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessy View Post
We moved back to the area 2 my sister from Carmel said I would hate the rednecks in Nobletucky. So we moved to Westfield where the UPPITY REDNECKS lives. I am in Yuppy Hell...we moved into a subdivision from the country in North Carolina.
Just so you're aware, yuppies come in all types... liberals and conservatives. IMO there are many more yuppy liberals than yuppy conservatives (ie. rednecks).

Old 03-29-2009, 12:41 PM

77 posts, read 244,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chscarmel View Post
Carmel has strict ordinance because it is a nice place and we tend to keep it that way! We pay a higher price because it is nice and that is the lifestyle that most desire to live.
Good points.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:28 PM

2,155 posts, read 5,450,544 times
Exclamation Best Places to Live 2012

CARMEL IS #1!

Congrats to the city!

Best Places to Live

Old 08-21-2012, 09:06 AM

106 posts, read 152,181 times
I feel so proud to be from Carmel and miss it dearly. We moved away a few years ago to San Antonio due to my wife's job at Grissom ending. We cannot wait to move back home where people are friendly and I don't have to look at gang taggings and litter blowing around.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:46 AM

89 posts, read 139,362 times
Before, I begin I do not mean to offend anyone and anything I say here is meant as a generalization thus not aimed to anyone reading or commenting. Here it goes: I don't get the appeal of Carmel. I just might be me. I am white guy from in 20s with a progressive bent from Terre Haute. As I graduating from ISU (Indiana State) a few years ago, I developed a theory of the most common dream of my friends from high school and college: "graduate from college, get a job in Indianapolis, get married, move to Carmel and have babies." Although, I have not spent all that time in Carmel, the impression I have always got it is very suburban, very upper-middle class, very white and very Republican (and there is nothing wrong with any of that). Is it just me?

Old 08-22-2012, 07:33 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,122,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb122982 View Post
Before, I begin I do not mean to offend anyone and anything I say here is meant as a generalization thus not aimed to anyone reading or commenting. Here it goes: I don't get the appeal of Carmel. I just might be me. I am white guy from in 20s with a progressive bent from Terre Haute. As I graduating from ISU (Indiana State) a few years ago, I developed a theory of the most common dream of my friends from high school and college: "graduate from college, get a job in Indianapolis, get married, move to Carmel and have babies." Although, I have not spent all that time in Carmel, the impression I have always got it is very suburban, very upper-middle class, very white and very Republican (and there is nothing wrong with any of that). Is it just me?
No, while the very upper class might be misconstrued. There are plenty of middle class cookie cutters in Carmel.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:41 AM

4,965 posts, read 6,227,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
No, while the very upper class might be misconstrued. There are plenty of middle class cookie cutters in Carmel.
I think one of the nice things about Carmel is that while there are plenty of these middle class cookie cutter neighborhoods, there is also a large number of older homes, at least in the more central part of the city, and by older I mean 70s and 80s. I can't say the same thing about Fishers. Carmel at least has some community feeling to it with the Art & Design district and such. Fishers just feels like a crapload of homes and very little else. And this is from someone that loves living in Fishers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis