Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 04:30 PM

2 posts, read 5,107 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about moving to Indie and I am considering this complex, but I can't find ANYTHING (review wise) about it online, and I am a decent internet sleuth.

Does anyone know anything about it? It is located at 3720 N. Pennsylvania St., Indianapolis, IN.

Thanks!
M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 05:49 PM

141 posts, read 317,713 times
Rough area.

I dont care what others tell you on here, that area sucks. There are small pockets of very nice houses in the middle of the ghetto all over this city and this is one of those areas.

Stay away!

Old 09-11-2011, 06:05 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,534,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird135 View Post
Rough area.

I dont care what others tell you on here, that area sucks. There are small pockets of very nice houses in the middle of the ghetto all over this city and this is one of those areas.

Stay away!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz painting Indianapolis with one bad brush is getting old. its happening to Detroit and Gary. Honestly give more details cause really that info is just bum talk.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,107 times
Rough area how? Lots of crime?

Old 09-11-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz painting Indianapolis with one bad brush is getting old. its happening to Detroit and Gary. Honestly give more details cause really that info is just bum talk.
I dont sugar coat things. There are some nice houses in the area of 3700 n Penn but the area as a whole is awful.

Yes mollie, crime. Lots and lots of violent crime. 3700 north is just south of 38th St. Almost anywhere in Indy off 38th street is a hell hole.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:23 AM

4,097 posts, read 11,511,646 times
There is a lot of money being spent renovating two buildings in the middle of that block. New windows and gutted. There are those trying to improve the area but it is a slow process. So right now it is still a patchwork from 38th to 36th.

The other poster is right about crime creeeping in from the area of 38th. I am sure that is the reason for the loss of the Starbucks along this way.

There are alleys and unrenovated low priced apartments all over the area directly south of 3th. I would worry about waiting outside, leaving my car outside, walking at dusk or night, etc. And I agree that there are great pockets of places to live but the area of 38th and Meridian is not there yet for me.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
There is a lot of money being spent renovating two buildings in the middle of that block. New windows and gutted. There are those trying to improve the area but it is a slow process. So right now it is still a patchwork from 38th to 36th.

The other poster is right about crime creeeping in from the area of 38th. I am sure that is the reason for the loss of the Starbucks along this way.

There are alleys and unrenovated low priced apartments all over the area directly south of 3th. I would worry about waiting outside, leaving my car outside, walking at dusk or night, etc. And I agree that there are great pockets of places to live but the area of 38th and Meridian is not there yet for me.
Yes also i wanted to mention and i messaged mollie on this. If your not sure about your safety carry a firearm concealed carry is ok in Indy and the state of Indiana for your defense. who knows it might come in use anywhere you go in the US. Also Pit Bulls if trained right can be a good dog to defend you but also to greet friends and neighbors. The Trick is you want them to be aggressive at the bad guys but not your friends etc.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Yes also i wanted to mention and i messaged mollie on this. If your not sure about your safety carry a firearm concealed carry is ok in Indy and the state of Indiana for your defense. who knows it might come in use anywhere you go in the US. Also Pit Bulls if trained right can be a good dog to defend you but also to greet friends and neighbors. The Trick is you want them to be aggressive at the bad guys but not your friends etc.
You dont have to conceal in Indiana. The Indiana License To Carry a Handgun (LTCH) doesnt specify. You can carry in any method you choose.

Also, you can carry a long gun without a license.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird135 View Post
You dont have to conceal in Indiana. The Indiana License To Carry a Handgun (LTCH) doesnt specify. You can carry in any method you choose.

Also, you can carry a long gun without a license.
yep even another bonus about living in Indiana back down muggers! or get shot! Hoosier for life lol.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:00 AM

644 posts, read 1,023,937 times
edit. Thought I knew where you were talking about but I don't.

Last edited by IndieIndy; 09-15-2011 at 11:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis