Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2007, 04:13 AM

9 posts, read 32,035 times

Advertisements

I have recently been offered a promotion at work and have a couple of options one being moving to the Indianapolis area. So right now I am trying to see which opportunity would be better for my family. I am a single mom of 2 and we currently live in Omaha. My eldest will be off to college this year. The other my son will be a Junior in high school this year so obviously a good school district is very important to me. He is very much into playing rugby, not sure if that is played in the schools or not.
I need information on the best areas to look in, looking for a house up to about 200K, which has a great school district, low crime but close to entertainment, etc. Also if you could let me know areas I should avoid that would be really helpful.

I appreciate any assistance you can give me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 09:37 AM

63 posts, read 391,470 times
Where would your office be in Indianapolis??

Old 08-18-2007, 10:20 AM

I would actually have a home office but need to travel to visit clients.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:51 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Hamilton Southeastern High School in Fishers has a Rugby club.

Hamilton Southeastern H.S. Rugby Home Page

Here's an Indiana Rugby site:

Indiana Rugby Football Union - Official Site

Carmel HS also has rugby

I think most larger schools in the area have Rugby as a club sport.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:08 AM

63 posts, read 391,470 times
I would recommend Fishers or Carmel. Zionsville maybe also, and Iassume they have a Rugby program

Old 08-24-2007, 07:31 AM

Thanks for the info, looks like I will be moving to Indianapolis so I will be researching these areas.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:03 PM

24 posts, read 119,875 times
Be careful to work with a buyer agent in Indy. The first thing you need to tell her/him is you would like to give low offers. If she/he can't accept that, you'd better not have one. For new construction, some builder will give you cash back if you are not working with an agent.

MIBOR | Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of REALTORS® have all the list.
And 25,000 Indianapolis real estate, homes for sale and MLS Listings in Indiana. can search by cities, even neighborhoods.
If you need market analysis for certain neighborhood, you can ask the seller agent. They'll help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis