Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 05:30 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,509,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Anything north of 86th should be fairly good on north side. 96th should be carmel or north indy border. Decent area.
just a general rule of Indy Geography thumb Mike 96th Street is the Marion County line when heading north. So if you cross it your in Hamilton County or Boone County.
And yes those areas are very nice. Very Affluent too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 07:26 AM

891 posts, read 2,449,285 times
Carmel has a decent number of Asians Americans.

Are you looking for a 1 bedroom or two bedroom? One bedroom for $650-700 will be easy to find. Two bedroom for between $650-700 will be a little tougher. For a 1 bedroom you can live in a nicer area and complex.

I know many of the Carmel Apartments, so if you have one in particular you are looking at

Old 02-20-2012, 07:38 AM

891 posts, read 2,449,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkracher View Post
OK, what do you guys know about the W96 and meridian area? ok? i get the impression its alot of college students.

No college students. That is in the Nora area. (Not really 96th and Meridian which is more of a commercial area) - Nora is about 5 minutes (at most) east of 96th and Meridian)

Nora is an interesting part of town. Witin 5-10 minutes you could uncover neighborhoods that have homes worth more than $1M easy. You also have some very middle class niehgborhoods. Plenty of shopping close by.

However there are several apartments in the area and most of the crime in the Nora area comes from those that live in those apartments. Carlisle Court is probably the nicest of the apartment complexes, but a few of the complexes are really bad.

One thing I am 100% sure of in the Indianapolis apartment market. You get what you pay for. Newer apartments will cost you more, apartments in nicer areas will cost you more. if you see a place with great prices there is a reason why the prices are great - either the apartments themselves are not in good condition or the neighborhood is not good. I do not believe there are any real hidden gems. The prices are very accurate reflection of what you get.

You need to decide what is most important to you.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:41 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,147,187 times
Unemployment rates are 30 day events, you can actually have fewer UE filings and your rate still go up. West 96th St is 99% sfdu with a few townhouses right at 96th and Meridian just west of McDonalds. If you are working NW, there are ample apartments in the area North of 86th St. on the NW side.

As far as jobs in the area, honestly, it depends on her field and where she is willing to work as far as area. If she's in the medical field, she shouldn't have that much of a problem. Granted, you don't want to live NW and end up working on the SE side of town.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:26 PM

3 posts, read 4,946 times
You might want to look at Avon or Brownsburg if you work on the NW side of Indy. Both areas are pretty diverse.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:35 PM

Brownsburg is northwest of Indy while Avon is almost directly West. Either would put you within 10-15 min commute to work. The hours you work will also come into play for your commute 8-5pm is busy, busy, busy on NW side. 9am-6pm is busy but not bumper to bumper. Days, evenings or nights would also mean different commute times. If I were to choose right now, I'd move to Brownsburg. I live in a residential area near 56th and Lafayette Rd.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkracher View Post
Lol, well thats cool cause i was looking at a couple places in carmel. Also another question. I already have an ok job but she is currently unemployed. Whats the job situation like in Indy?
Medium to Poor unless high tech or a skilled field.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:01 AM

4 posts, read 7,900 times
Shadeland Station apartments are very nice, they are in the Castelton area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis