Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 04:59 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,855,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
Without me searching the entire thread has anyone mentioned Jet's Pizza. We had an "eight corner" pizza. I loved it!
Jet's Pizza
I have had Jet's pizza. It is good, but not Chicago style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 07:31 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
Without me searching the entire thread has anyone mentioned Jet's Pizza. We had an "eight corner" pizza. I loved it!
Jet's Pizza
Jet's has been discussed here briefly, albeit with the recognition that it isn't close to Chicago-style.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:18 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,449,665 times
Yes we know and love that jets is detroit style pizza

Old 05-30-2012, 10:27 AM

583 posts, read 884,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
With the closing of Uno Pizza & Grill on 86th Street I no longer have a place to pick up a Chicago style pizza. I know that the Uno's chain wasn't nearly as good as the Uno's in Chicago but it was the best available.

Anyone know of any other pizza in the area that comes close to Chicago style?
Nothing in Indy comes close to Chicago pizza. Nothing.

Nancy's in Fishers isn't bad and is the "closest" you'll find.

Puccini's around town are pretty good pizzas and are easily the best Indy-native pizza, but you asked about Chicago, and they're not.

Indy is not a pizza town.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:33 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregHenry View Post

Puccini's around town are pretty good pizzas and are easily the best Indy-native pizza, but you asked about Chicago, and they're not.

Puccini's is good, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find many people who would put them in the top 5. I'd even put the over-hyped crap from Bazbeaux ahead of Puccini's.

The best pizza in Indianapolis is at Maria's in Fountain Square, followed by Jockomo. Then South Of Chicago and I guess Bazbeuax or Jack's; maybe Datsa Pizza or Pizzology.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:52 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregHenry View Post

Pizza gives you heartburn anyway
I rather take the Pork Tenderloin sandwich

Old 05-30-2012, 01:15 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Pizza gives you heartburn anyway
I rather take the Pork Tenderloin sandwich
You are saying pizza gives you heartburn, but giant oversized deep fried chunks of pork don't?

Old 05-30-2012, 01:17 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,534,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
You are saying pizza gives you heartburn, but giant oversized deep fried chunks of pork don't?
The young man needs to invest in Prilosec. I generally handle pizza just fine, although the sausage at Maria's was a little rough on me.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:15 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
The young man needs to invest in Prilosec. I generally handle pizza just fine, although the sausage at Maria's was a little rough on me.
Na i take the Tum Tum Tum Tums!

Old 05-30-2012, 03:00 PM

583 posts, read 884,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Puccini's is good, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find many people who would put them in the top 5. I'd even put the over-hyped crap from Bazbeaux ahead of Puccini's.

The best pizza in Indianapolis is at Maria's in Fountain Square, followed by Jockomo. Then South Of Chicago and I guess Bazbeuax or Jack's; maybe Datsa Pizza or Pizzology.
Jockomo needs a crust recipe and a real oven. You can't make a real crust on a roller oven. South of Chicago has a better oven but a weak crust recipe and a few other items that are out of spec. Bazbeaux is a weaker version of Puccini's. On a good day, Bazbeaux isn't bad. Pizzology isn't trying to make pizza. They're trying to make the weirdo set feet at home. I wouldn't really call what they do "pizza."

For Indy, outside of Nancy's, Puccini's is as good as it gets. Plus, Puccini's calzones are among the best you'll find anywhere, and that includes Chicago.

Note: Never get a calzone from New York. They put ricotta in the calzone. It's hideous.

Behold a Puccini's calzone:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis