Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 08:51 PM

21 posts, read 51,582 times

Advertisements

I've definitely noticed that Indy is a lot more conservative than what I'm used to. I get tomorrow off (Good Friday), and I was surprised that it's a state-wide holiday. I was raised Christian, so I know the significance of it, but I was still surprised. Still, it's my first week at work and I'm not complaining about a paid holiday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 08:57 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snactres View Post
I've definitely noticed that Indy is a lot more conservative than what I'm used to. I get tomorrow off (Good Friday), and I was surprised that it's a state-wide holiday. I was raised Christian, so I know the significance of it, but I was still surprised. Still, it's my first week at work and I'm not complaining about a paid holiday!
I am thinking you are in the minority as far as getting Good Friday off as a paid holiday.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:11 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,077,877 times
I've been out of the dating scene for some time. There are plenty of bars/clubs and you can pretty much have what you want. The one thing that might be hard to find is a person who is seriously considering a serious, long term relationship...in terms of a person who is looking for "the one." I know a few mid-20 something young ladies and they are definitely seem to be interested in finding "the one." Unfortunately, with the way society is now with sex, drinking, parting, etc., I hear it is very easy to get into a "serious relationship," yet the guys seem to just want to end it at about the sixth month mark or so. I know these same ladies have turned to on-line dating websites, even though they also hit the bar scene from time to time.

I think the culture has somewhat changed for the early and mid 20s generation. Of course I know a few guys in their early to mid 30s who seem to love the concept of that I see with the 20-somethings: Love'em for six months, maybe a year, maybe longer. Then all of a sudden, they are single again. Not really sure why, never really asked, just seems to be a routine for a certain % of the male population. I feel bad for those young ladies looking for a good guy to just settle down with, marry, and start a family....some younger guys don't seem very interested in that even though they are the same age.

Good luck.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:30 AM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Well I'm fairly certain its better than Kansas City... That wouldn't take much, though.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:45 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snactres View Post
I've never had Good Friday off as a paid holiday in Indiana. You're misinformed.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:29 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I've never had Good Friday off as a paid holiday in Indiana. You're misinformed.
Me either! I've never had Good Friday Off......

Old 04-08-2012, 08:06 PM

21 posts, read 51,582 times
Haha, I guess it's just my company then.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:30 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,855,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I am thinking you are in the minority as far as getting Good Friday off as a paid holiday.

I have never had a Good Friday off. My Catholic coworkers took it off but they had to use their personal or vacation days as it isn't a holiday my company recognizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis