Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 09:54 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,475,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Funny.... When I lived back in the Carolinas, a lot of my friends who were going to or had graduated from University of South Carolina always got really pissed off about USC being nationally viewed as University of Southern California and not South Carolina...... Whenever anyone sees USC, they almost NEVER think South Carolina!
Reminds me of a saying from one of my basic training drill sergeants (who was from NC) -- Do you know how North Carolina stays in place? Virginia blows and South Carolina sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 10:15 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,013,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Reminds me of a saying from one of my basic training drill sergeants (who was from NC) -- Do you know how North Carolina stays in place? Virginia blows and South Carolina sucks.
Yeah, there is definitely a rivalry between NC and SC. Not sure about VA though..... My NC bias aside, I do dig all 3 of those states... They're all beautiful!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Yeah, there is definitely a rivalry between NC and SC. Not sure about VA though..... My NC bias aside, I do dig all 3 of those states... They're all beautiful!
When I was heading to Germany I flew out of Charleston. We had to take a bus through the country roads from Fort Jackson to Charleston, and I found the countryside there shockingly poor and depressing. Similar recollection from my visit to Myrtle Beach in the early 80s.

I can't offer an opinion on North Carolina. Virginia I've always found pretty nice.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:37 AM

14,802 posts, read 17,556,496 times
Quote:
Florida? Nahh... I'd much rather go to the Carolinas! Outerbanks, Wilmington, Charleston, Myrtle Beach... I even take Maryland and Virginia coasts over Florida... Florida is way too crowded and touristy for my taste.
100% agree, minus Virginia.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:40 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,013,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
When I was heading to Germany I flew out of Charleston. We had to take a bus through the country roads from Fort Jackson to Charleston, and I found the countryside there shockingly poor and depressing. Similar recollection from my visit to Myrtle Beach in the early 80s.
Oh yes!! Very poor indeed even now. Countryside of NC especially between Raleigh and the coast is the same way... VERY POOR! However, both states have a lot of nicer places as well...

Old 05-11-2012, 01:16 PM

212 posts, read 612,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french paris View Post
One of big cheapest city in America ?
Just curious!
I wonder if the OP is satisfied and got the answer to his question.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:09 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,728,360 times
Housing, property taxes and gas are cheaper in comparison to other places (ie Illinois) but that's about it . Kroger has a monopoly as far as grocery stores are concerned and the quality of meat and staples is meh and just as expensive as anywhere else.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:12 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Housing, property taxes and gas are cheaper in comparison to other places (ie Illinois) but that's about it . Kroger has a monopoly as far as grocery stores are concerned and the quality of meat and staples is meh and just as expensive as anywhere else.
#1 kroger does NOT have a monopoly in Indianapolis. Dont have to live there to know that
Ever heard of Walmart/Target/Meijer? In addition to Kroger. Sams Club/costco and many other places.
Have you been to downtown Indianapolis eateries? as the old saying goes with meat you get the quality you pay for. If you want a 1$ Hamburger from Mc Donalds the quality of the meat is going to match that 1$ hamburger.
Compared to a 25$ burger from Harry and Izzy's

Old 05-12-2012, 04:53 PM

261 posts, read 498,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Compared to a 25$ burger from Harry and Izzy's

The steakburger at Harry and Izzy's is 12 dollars. 14 if you add bacon (it's worth the extra two bucks).

Harry & Izzy's - Indianapolis, Indiana

It's definitely one of the best burgers I've ever had. All of their sandwiches are delicious. The BLT, Prime Rib sandwich, fish sandwich, etc are all top notch.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Uh, ever heard of Marsh??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis