Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:21 PM

57 posts, read 236,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
Alright, well go ahead and haul a$$ somewhere else with "character" and "blue state values". Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
That was both, mature and original. scoff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 07:51 PM

2,247 posts, read 7,034,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapeartist View Post
That was both, mature and original. scoff
Of course. Sometimes that's the only way to get through to you trolls.

Don't come into a topic like this and intentionally complain about how much you hate it here. No one wants to listen to that mess--we've heard it a million times. If you absolutely have to whine the world how much you hate Indy then start a new thread and post it there.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
Of course. Sometimes that's the only way to get through to you trolls.

Don't come into a topic like this and intentionally complain about how much you hate it here. No one wants to listen to that mess--we've heard it a million times. If you absolutely have to whine the world how much you hate Indy then start a new thread and post it there.
Ah, an internet bully.

Like everyone else, I am free to comment in any topic on these boards, if I wish. The fact that you do not like my opinion is not my problem. There are lots of people in the world whose opinions you won't like- get used to it. At least I have conducted myself on this board in a more civilized manner- sans ad hominem attacks- than I have witnessed from you. It's ignorant attitudes such as yours which contribute to the regressive social climate of this city.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:21 AM

2,247 posts, read 7,034,230 times
Quote:
Ah, an internet bully.

Like everyone else, I am free to comment in any topic on these boards, if I wish. The fact that you do not like my opinion is not my problem. There are lots of people in the world whose opinions you won't like- get used to it. At least I have conducted myself on this board in a more civilized manner- sans ad hominem attacks- than I have witnessed from you. It's ignorant attitudes such as yours which contribute to the regressive social climate of this city.
Nice rant. Attacks? Lol. Someone's got low self-esteem.

By the way--I live in Fort Wayne, genius.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:37 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,753,878 times
Let's veer this train back to IPS ... please?

Old 10-02-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Let's veer this train back to IPS ... please?
Yes. My point, for those who care to have an honest, intelligent discussion, is that the demonization of IPS by so many locals is a manifestation of an unwillingness to look at Indianapolis and what truly makes a "world class city" realistically. IPS is a symptom, not the problem.

The fact is that Indiana test scores, as a whole, ranks near the bottom nationally and has for several years. Compared to other states, we're failing our children and ourselves. Further, approximately half of those who earn college degrees from Indiana universities leave the state because they cannot find the quality of jobs, career opportunities, and the social environment that are available in more progressive, economically, and socially diverse metro areas.

That people find it easier to scapegoat IPS or low-income blacks (but strangely, never low-income whites) for the problems which plague this metro area ignores the big picture and the root causes of our problems.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:25 AM

203 posts, read 562,137 times
Default Tough Question

Quote:
Yes. My point, for those who care to have an honest, intelligent discussion, is that the demonization of IPS by so many locals is a manifestation of an unwillingness to look at Indianapolis and what truly makes a "world class city" realistically. IPS is a symptom, not the problem.

The fact is that Indiana test scores, as a whole, ranks near the bottom nationally and has for several years. Compared to other states, we're failing our children and ourselves. Further, approximately half of those who earn college degrees from Indiana universities leave the state because they cannot find the quality of jobs, career opportunities, and the social environment that are available in more progressive, economically, and socially diverse metro areas.

That people find it easier to scapegoat IPS or low-income blacks (but strangely, never low-income whites) for the problems which plague this metro area ignores the big picture and the root causes of our problems.

Lots of scary stuff here for an out of towner considering a move.

If you throw in the private schools, do you think there are options in Indy that compete nationally? Are there any recent transplants that can comment?

Old 10-03-2007, 02:50 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,753,878 times
Park Tudor, Brebeuf Jesuit (high schools) Orchard & Sycamore (pk-8th, but Park Tudor also has pk-high school) are all private schools that are on par with any private school in the country. Most of their top students end up in the Ivys or at Stanford, Berkeley etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis