Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 07:34 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
if you read what I wrote I said 'some' and not all.
This is what you said:

Quote:
Let me think. Where can I go in or around Indy to buy a nice house for $102K? Hmmm. That target price is going to take me to some pretty trashy houses and areas.
It is pretty clear what you are implying here. Don't start with this back-peddling nonsense.

Come on over and call me trashy. Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 08:05 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
This is what you said:

It is pretty clear what you are implying here. Don't start with this back-peddling nonsense.

I bought my first house for well under $102K as well. Like you, my place wasn't trashy. But I didn't have to go far to find trash.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:27 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,150,046 times
Quote:
This is what you said:

Oh I beg your forgiveness. And be careful of intimidation.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:26 PM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
Personally, I'd rather pay cash for a cheap fixer upper than get saddled down with a large mortgage or rent. You can find a half way decent home for next to nothing and not have to worry about foreclosure or having to work yourself to death to afford your house. I've seen to many people become slaves to their mortgage and it wrecks their marriage.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:43 PM

105 posts, read 145,309 times
Quote:
I bought my house for well under $102K. Please, come for a visit and tell me how trashy I am.
Where in Indianapolis do you live? My husband and I briefly discussed it and so far we are interested in the Broad Ripple area. Of course, we will visit for a weekend before making a concrete decision.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound75 View Post
Where in Indianapolis do you live? My husband and I briefly discussed it and so far we are interested in the Broad Ripple area. Of course, we will visit for a weekend before making a concrete decision.
On the east side, maybe halfway between Irvington and downtown. It isn't for everyone, and there are dicey pockets, but there are blocks I would put against any other in the city.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Oh I beg your forgiveness. And be careful of intimidation.
Intimidation? What kind of monster do you think I am? No, I think you'd be surprised by what you would find down here.

Like this:

60 N DEARBORN ST - Pinpoint Realty Services, LLC

And this:

3203 East New York Street, Indianapolis IN - Trulia

There are also a lot of rehabs happening in the area.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:16 PM

261 posts, read 500,769 times
I think the near east side has more going for it than the near south and west sides.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:24 PM

750 posts, read 1,064,761 times
Oh my, again this talk about Indy being the most affordable metro... Indy is not cheap, you get what you pay for, and quite frankly, suburbs like Carmel and Noblesville are well overpriced.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:18 PM

105 posts, read 145,309 times
Quote:
Intimidation? What kind of monster do you think I am? No, I think you'd be surprised by what you would find down here.

Like this:

60 N DEARBORN ST - Pinpoint Realty Services, LLC

And this:

3203 East New York Street, Indianapolis IN - Trulia

There are also a lot of rehabs happening in the area.
WOW, those are nice. The first one especially. That is the type of house hubby and I like the most. If the "bad" parts of the city are more in pockets than all over, I think my family can handle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis