Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 04:22 PM

583 posts, read 880,524 times

Advertisements

Colts struggling to sell remaining seats for upcoming season

Indianapolis Colts have sought the help of an outside marketing company to help sell roughly 3,000 remaining season tickets.

Colts struggling to sell remaining seats for upcoming season - fox59.com

I'm surprised this wasn't posted here. It only took one year for the bandwagon to end. The financial projections for the debt service need every game to be sold out for the next 30 years. Even at those projections, the taxpayers are still making heavy directly payments to the Colts through the highest sales taxes in the country. At an average price of $50, the Colts/CIB need to find $150,000, per game, plus all the concessions and ancillary expenses those 3,000 bring to each game. In absence of this revenue, look for Indy taxes to increase to offset the missing ticket revenue.

This stadium illustrates the problem of small markets engaging in a building spree in good times with the expectation of having enduring big-market success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 04:33 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,474,641 times
Single-game tix have yet to go on sale.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:53 PM

583 posts, read 880,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Single-game tix have yet to go on sale.
So it could be worse, since single-game buyers' interest can reasonably be said to move in some proportionality to the season-ticket buyers' interest.

Uninteresting games might suffer terribly.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:32 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,474,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregHenry View Post
So it could be worse, since single-game buyers' interest can reasonably be said to move in some proportionality to the season-ticket buyers' interest.

Uninteresting games might suffer terribly.
Maybe. Obviously many are hesitant about making a large financial commitment toward a rebuilding cause. Many more, however, may be willing to part ways with cash towards one or two games. In short, we really don't know the extent of the problem yet.

All I know for sure is that I got a nice seat upgrade.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:59 PM

1,705 posts, read 3,051,410 times
It will all depend on if Luck and the rest of the team can win games. If they are 50:50, or at least are only losing by a handful of points and making the games exciting, people will go. However, multiple losses, even by just a field goal, will eventually take a toll and people will move on. On a related note, if Peyton takes the field for Denver, and goes out in the first few games with another season ending injury, I can see the mentality of people here changing to say "See, wouldn't have mattered anyway." They could be more likely to get behind the team at that point. Now if Peyton goes out and does phenomenal, you are going to see a lot of upset people in this state, unless Luck pretty much matches win for win.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:16 PM

8,940 posts, read 17,162,269 times
I would love to buy season tickets for the Colts. But, as someone who is already buying mini-plans for both the Indians and Pacers, $680 for one seat (I think that is what I heard) is more than this new homeowner is willing to spend. If they ever bring back the two games and a preseason game pack like they had at the Hoosierdome, I'll be all over that.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:11 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,798,796 times
My Colts season tickets are a bargain. I have two seats, in the first row of the upper deck, and I only pay $480 per year for each seat.

Since they are in row one they are easy to sell, and I sell a few games every year to pay for the package. Even last year when many tickets went unsold I was able to sell the games I wasn't able to attend.

The people who sit in my section are long-time fans, as most of us have had season tickets for many years, before LOS and before Peyton.

For the most part, the people who gave up their season tickets this year were bandwagon fans. I know many people who were on the waiting list for years, and they are extremely happy to be able to buy season tickets now.

My Pacers season tickets were also in the front row of the upper deck. They were great seats and I enjoyed the games but I travel so much for work that I miss too many games, so I let them go this season.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:17 AM

4,965 posts, read 6,227,417 times
I feel like just about any team, with perhaps the exception of Green Bay, would see season ticket renewal rates drop to 87% after a 2-14 season. Many teams would drop even further. I don't really get the need for the outside marketing company, though. Everyone can tell you why the Colts are having a hard time selling season tickets this year. We dropped our season tickets a year ago because with a family, it was just way too expensive. You would think if they had that many they couldn't sell, the price of them would go down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis