Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 02:46 PM

37 posts, read 75,082 times

Advertisements

I would say Cosmopolitan but know that the surface parking across the street will be under construction in the near future. The upside is, once construction is done, you should have a grocery store right across the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 07:24 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,954 times
You may want to check out CityWay apartments in downtown as well.

The Residences at CityWay | Apartments in Indianapolis, IN
CityWay - Indianapolis, IN - Landmark, Hotel | Facebook

Old 10-02-2012, 12:05 AM

9 posts, read 13,684 times
Thanks so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it. It sounds like I'm gonna just have to try and do as much "recon" as possible while I am in town this week. I'll just make a point of first driving and then walking around the particular buildings at night to see whether or not I feel each of them feels OK to me.

I guess, ultimately, when you live in an apartment building, it's kind of a crapshoot anyway as far as getting an obnoxious noisy neighbor (or 2 or 3). I am going to try to focus on mimimizing my exposure by trying to get a corner unit, top floor etc. since it's really the noise that I'm concerned about. I'm kind of glad to get some positive feedback on the Cosmopolitan- I feel like that place was the best fit for me as far as location, amenities, etc, but I had almost convinced myself that it was not even going to be an option. I think I am going to " hang around" there as much as possible this weekend to try to get more of a firsthand experience.

It seems like the Waverly is the most mysterious of all of these apartments- I read a few posts here about it but it seems like there's much less experience with that place. I definitely know that if I want to live there I will have to measure my SUV first, since apparently the garages are on the small side.

Have any of you had any experiences with the Harness Factory Lofts? The reason I ask is because I had initially crossed them off because of parking (I'm on the waiting list for the indoor garage) and laundry issues (I know it's not the end of the world but it just pisses me off to be spending so much money on an aparment and not even have a washer/dryer in my apartment- I haven't had to use a communal w/d for almost 20 years- when I was in college) but, given that everything seems to be up in the air right now, I figured I should reconsider. I actually have a deposit on a 4th floor corner unit there- but some reviews complained about a lot of noise issues from both the stadium and then from the bars very late into the night. I wondered how much of that was an issue, and perhaps whether or not it was a function of which side of the building one lived on?

I never heard of CityWay before- I am not sure how I managed to totally miss it on my trip in late August. I looked at the website- couldn't hurt to check it out- it looks like a pretty big project. I'm sure it was discussed at some point on this forum. I'll check to see if anyone had anything to say about the apartments. Thanks for the idea.

And yes, in case anyone noticed the time, it is this stuff that is giving me insomnia!!!
You guys are awesome, thanks so much for all the feedback.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:57 AM

4,097 posts, read 11,473,825 times
Cityway is so new the first residents are just moving in. There are more buildings being completed and the boutique hotel is being finished. This is a trophy area for the city so it is going to get a lot of attention. There is more being built in the immediate area so construction will be ongoing for awhile. Very appealing due to all the corporate offices so close (Lilly, Anthem, etc.)

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...dyStar.com%7Cp

ps: Right now I would like Blocks but the Cityway would feel more open and less urban due to some green space. Very personal decision.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:36 AM

9 posts, read 13,684 times
Thanks again , I will make sure to at least check it out b/c they seem to have availability in my time/price range.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:36 PM

423 posts, read 1,248,054 times
From what I read a few weeks ago, CityWay is already fully leased...sorry. They're working on another phase, but that probably won't happen any time soon.

The Waverly probably isn't that bad at all in terms of safety--nothing threatening around there and it's a high income area. IMO it's not a very nice design (looks too suburban for a city) but I'm sure it has decent amenities--the developer has a good reputation. At least some of those big desolate parking lots just to the north are likely to get filled in the next few years if you think you'll be there for awhile. You might have seen a construction crew at a two-story cement structure...that will eventually be a big apartment complex. As for noise, that could be a problem because the train line is fairly active around there. You'd just have to ask others. Then again, I lived 100 feet from the Chicago el train for over a year at one point and eventually you just don't even notice the sound.

I've been inside the Cosmopolitan and it looks like a great space. The giant parking lots just to the south of it WILL be developed soon...that is definite. There could be construction hassles there for awhile, but once it's finished it will be pretty amazing because you'll be right across the street from what should be a very, very nice grocery store.

Have you ever considered that Maxwell? I've heard good things about that as well.

Lastly, you might consider the Hinge in Fletcher Place, a bit further away from the downtown "bustle" (in Indy that has to get quotes, sorry) but still a very nice area, and right next to the Interstate for easy exit. It should be finished in the next month or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis