Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 06:42 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,512,078 times

Advertisements

So i just booked with my grandma our next trip to Indianapolis for New Years Eve. were eating at St Elmo's!
So im curious have you eaten at St Elmo's before? if so what food was your favorite and how much did it cost?
Also i heard their steak is to die for? is it really good?

Old 12-14-2012, 07:24 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times
Opinions will vary, but I'm a big fan. I favor either the filet or NY strip with a shrimp cocktail and navy bean soup. I've had good steaks at Morton's and Shula's as well, but St. Elmo's is authentically Indy.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Opinions will vary, but I'm a big fan. I favor either the filet or NY strip with a shrimp cocktail and navy bean soup. I've had good steaks at Morton's and Shula's as well, but St. Elmo's is authentically Indy.
what was the price cause i am a Fillet person

Old 12-14-2012, 08:18 PM

144 posts, read 342,343 times
I ate there about 10 years ago and it was fantastic. It is pricey so be prepared to drop a few dimes. The menu with prices St. Elmo Steak House - Indianapolis, Indiana your filet will run you just under $40. Have fun don't pass on the shrimp cocktail it is the best ever.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
what was the price cause i am a Fillet person
If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Seriously, be prepared to drop at least one Benjamin on dinner for two.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:24 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,605,430 times
I did not like St. Elmo's when I went, but I feel like I need to give it another chance. It's just when you go to St. Elmo's, you expect to have one of the best steaks you've ever had. Unfortunately, I didn't have anything close to that. Like I said, I'm giving it a second chance sometime because everyone always talks about how great it is.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
I did not like St. Elmo's when I went, but I feel like I need to give it another chance. It's just when you go to St. Elmo's, you expect to have one of the best steaks you've ever had. Unfortunately, I didn't have anything close to that. Like I said, I'm giving it a second chance sometime because everyone always talks about how great it is.
Have you tried their shrimp cocktail?
I do not like anything from the sea so bummer otherwise i would try it.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,605,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Have you tried their shrimp cocktail?
I do not like anything from the sea so bummer otherwise i would try it.
No I haven't. I'm allergic to shrimp. It's my only food allergy, so sadly no shrimp cocktail.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
There's a lot that goes into making St. Elmo's a great experience -- great atmosphere, the hope of stumbling into a local or national celebrity, great service and, yes, quality food. I don't know that St. Elmo's offers the best steak I've ever had. Truthfully, I don't really keep tabs on such things. It's certainly above average. But if one is averse to shrimp, for whatever reason, then I think they won't be able to appreciate the experience because the shrimp cocktail may be their signature dish. Whenever you hear national TV personalities mention visiting St. Elmo's, they always refer to the shrimp cocktail.

As much as the food, I like St. Elmo's because it's an Indianapolis institution. As I stated previously, I've had good steaks at Morton's and Shula's as well, but those can be had in many other cities. You can only get St. Elmo's in Indianapolis.

All that said, I've had more than one person swear that the best steak offered by a local restaurant is at Peterson's. For whatever reason, I've never been even though I've resided in Fishers for nearly 9 years.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:42 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
The only thing I have ever eaten from St. Elmo's was the shrimp cocktail. Without sounding to much like a teenage girl.............O M G

When I go to bed at night, I dream of their shrimp cocktail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis