Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:15 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,796,874 times

Advertisements

You should come to the Westfield farmer's market on Friday evenings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,455 times
Default Hello :)

Hej, my name is Marlena, and I am from Poland. I am in Indianapolis for one week now. I am looking to meet other Polish people here, but I can not find any of them yet

Old 09-03-2014, 07:23 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,180,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_bearcat View Post
We are moving from Philly in May and I'm not sure where I will get my keilbasia and perogies. There is a huge Polish area in Philly with lots butchers and bakeries. It would great to find a butcher or a restaurant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedolz View Post
Could you please give me the address of the Polish restaurant you mentioned in blog?
Ted Olzack
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott231us View Post
I also heard the Polish dumplings are very good! I would love to try them sometime, anyone know any restaurants in Indy that serves them?
If anyone knows of a good Polish restaurant, deli or bakery, I'd love to know about it. If it looks like
anything like this;

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/...ge/Pierogi.jpg

http://portlandpolonia.org/storage/p...=1329110269006

There is a good Ukrainian place in Bloomington called Euro Deli that has good frozen pierogis (filled
with either meat, sauerkraut, potatoes and fruit too), farmers cheese and some canned goods
from Poland.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,242 times
I dont know if this thread is still alive but heres hoping.

I moved to a town east of Indy from a southern Chicago suburb.
I have a polish heritage and would like to learn more about it. I have started to tey to lwaen polish language and miss the food.

Please email with any info
[email]davecyborski@gmail.com[/email]

Old 01-04-2016, 04:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,120 times
Post Research Participation

Witam,
Poszukuję wolontariuszy do wzięcia udziału w krótkiej ankiecie, która skupia się na po-emigracyjnym doświadczeniu Polaków w Stanach Zjednoczonych. Ta ankieta jest częścią mojej pracy doktoranckiej, jest anonimowa, w języku angielskim, składa się z kilku surveys, i wypełnienie jej powinno zabrać od 15-20 minut; jest też możliwość wygrania jednej z dwunastu $25 Amazon gift cards. Tych, którzy byliby zainteresowani w partycypacji lub dowiedzeniu się więcej na temat mojej pracy, serdecznie zapraszam na poniższy link… Można też przesłać ten link do kogokolwiek kto byłby zainteresowany albo chętny do wzięcia udziału. Dziękuję i pozdrawiam. Kasia

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/polish_study

Old 08-26-2018, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 818 times
Hello
My name is also Beata and I just move to Indianapolis and wondering if the other Beats is still here ...

Old 05-19-2022, 12:15 AM

1 posts, read 377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elooper View Post
Hi Angelia, my name is Ewa and I come form Poland. I have moved to Anderson seven years ago and recently graduaded from Anderson University. If you are interested in learning Polish, let me know.
Hi Ewa, I am a student going to Anderson University. Would you be interested in teaching me this upcoming semester? Thanks, Sam.

Old 05-19-2022, 05:21 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,742,543 times
They also sell homemade pierogies!
https://saindy.com/shop/

Old 05-19-2022, 06:50 AM

2,994 posts, read 2,315,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonger70 View Post
Hi Ewa, I am a student going to Anderson University. Would you be interested in teaching me this upcoming semester? Thanks, Sam.
The post you're quoting is 14 years old.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:11 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,742,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
The post you're quoting is 14 years old.
Good catch!
Back in the day someone would probably have made a Polish joke out of this, but today we dare not. Someone might be "offended".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis