Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 01:52 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,973 times

Advertisements

Lol your guys' responses never get old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 06:25 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,264,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
I get the point of the article and see the reasons for their pick. Indianapolis is obviously not a spring break destination, but it's a good place for a weekend getaway if you're from a smaller city/town. When I was a kid growing up in Fort Wayne, I used to love Indianapolis. Thought it was one of coolest places around. I would have loved any city that's similar in size. Of course, Chicago was my favorite weekend trip (too bad they lost FAO Schwarz and Disney Quest), but I wouldn't describe it as a spring break destination either.

Now that I live in Indy, it doesn't impress me as much. I think it's okay, but I'd like to live somewhere larger. Once you live in a city the size of Indianapolis, places like Cincinnati and Cleveland aren't as great anymore. I'm sure they feel the same way when they visit Indy. At any rate, I definitely get how Indy would be a fun place to visit for someone from a place like Fort Wayne or Toledo, but don't see it having much pull with people from places that are similar in size. Maybe for one or two nights, but not anymore than that.
Indy used to have an FAO Schwartz as well at Circle Centre. I used to love going to that place! And I used to love the bathrooms at Planet Hollywood downtown with everything at an angle and a bit askew to make it feel like you were falling over. lol Since I was only there once or twice and didn't live in town at the time, I don't even remember exactly where Planet Hollywood was downtown.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:52 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Indy used to have an FAO Schwartz as well at Circle Centre. I used to love going to that place! And I used to love the bathrooms at Planet Hollywood downtown with everything at an angle and a bit askew to make it feel like you were falling over. lol Since I was only there once or twice and didn't live in town at the time, I don't even remember exactly where Planet Hollywood was downtown.
Planet Hollywood was where The Ram is now. All I ever got from Planet Hollywood was food poisoning.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:38 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
there was a planet hollywood in Indianapolis?

Old 03-05-2013, 10:42 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,147,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
there was a planet hollywood in Indianapolis?
Yep, didn't really catch on though plus food was not good.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:03 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,264,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Yep, didn't really catch on though plus food was not good.
Yeah, I think they've closed most all locations now. Now that you mention where it was, I remember it because I remember it being on the first floor of the parking garage.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:37 PM

21 posts, read 42,428 times
Including Indianapolis in any "destination" or "best city" list is laughable. I encourage everyone I know to stay as far away from Indianapolis as possible. I'm moving out in 15 months and I am counting the days. If you are considering moving to Indianapolis, please don't. See this thread for better perspective on the city. //www.city-data.com/forum/india...move-indy.html

Old 03-05-2013, 10:00 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,604,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyTruth View Post
Including Indianapolis in any "destination" or "best city" list is laughable. I encourage everyone I know to stay as far away from Indianapolis as possible. I'm moving out in 15 months and I am counting the days. If you are considering moving to Indianapolis, please don't. See this thread for better perspective on the city. //www.city-data.com/forum/india...move-indy.html
You have the most ignorant posts in this forum. That's saying a lot considering some of the posters that we have here....

Old 03-05-2013, 10:05 PM

21 posts, read 42,428 times
Not ignorant, just truthful. I try to educate outsiders so they won't make the mistake of moving to Indianapolis. It's really not a difficult idea. I provide a different perspective than the Indiana lifers who make up most of the posters on this forum.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,752,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
If someone other than BRG had posted this list, the response would be a little more positive. Sure, people leave Indianapolis for spring break, because those people live here.

Birmingham? Charlotte? Boise? Cincinnati? Tulsa? These are some of the other cities on the list. Would anyone think those residents don't take vacations? I am sure that if I had a reason, I could find things to do for a trip to any one of these places for a "quick getaway." I don't think anyone is suggesting Indianapolis is as much as vacation mecca as, let's say, Orlando or Panama City. I don't think that is the point.
Someone's gotta give credence to what BRG posts, you stepped up to the plate as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis