Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 04:54 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
so?
Fine ill explain further if it makes you *happy*
Chicago is sometimes bragged about as cheap to live in. No its not. compared to NYC maybe. but not everyone lives or wants to live in expensive NYC.
Chicago is the MOST expensive city to live in the midwest. its 30-40% more expensive to live in than Indy. Ironically only being 3 hours away if i need to go shopping down Michigan avenue most people are more than willing to make the 3 hour drive to Chicago.
Hence why you see more than your fair share of *Relocating from Chicago to Indianapolis or Carmel etc* Threads.

But then again Indy has Keystone at the crossing so we have our fair share of upscale shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 05:09 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Broadrippleguy;28597351]Fine ill explain further if it makes you *happy*
hold on, let me get a glass of wine ...

proceed ..

Quote:
Chicago is sometimes bragged about as cheap to live in.
are you high?

Quote:
No its not. compared to NYC maybe. but not everyone lives or wants to live in expensive NYC.
well duh

Quote:
Chicago is the MOST expensive city to live in the midwest.
really and for true?

Quote:
its 30-40% more expensive to live in than Indy. Ironically only being 3 hours away if i need to go shopping down Michigan avenue most people are more than willing to make the 3 hour drive to Chicago.
Hence why you see more than your fair share of *Relocating from Chicago to Indianapolis or Carmel etc* Threads.
Oh, and I'm sure NOBODY from Chicago would dream of exploring other city-data threads for other cities like .. hmm ... St. Louis, Mineapolis, Columbus Ohio, or south to Nashville ... I mean really, child ... you act like there are 2 cities in the midwest, Chicago, which is apparently a cesspool pension heck that preys on and eats anyone who continues to live there, and Indianapolis, which apparently, is the place where the angels sing and the streets are paved in gold and everyone is smiling and nobody is a "waste of human flesh".

Quote:
But then again Indy has Keystone at the crossing so we have our fair share of upscale shopping
yep folks in Chicago, pack yo' bags and move to Indy! We have a Crate and Barrel!!!!

Last edited by domergurl; 03-10-2013 at 07:08 AM..

Old 03-09-2013, 09:47 PM

39 posts, read 57,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Fine ill explain further if it makes you *happy*
Chicago is sometimes bragged about as cheap to live in. No its not. compared to NYC maybe. but not everyone lives or wants to live in expensive NYC.
Chicago is the MOST expensive city to live in the midwest. its 30-40% more expensive to live in than Indy. Ironically only being 3 hours away if i need to go shopping down Michigan avenue most people are more than willing to make the 3 hour drive to Chicago.

But then again Indy has Keystone at the crossing so we have our fair share of upscale shopping.
You get what you pay for.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Says the Chicagoan.....................................
Who has lived in many places, including Chicago (and Indianapolis).

Old 03-09-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sunshine View Post
Who has lived in many places, including Chicago (and Indianapolis).
Then what was the point of your comment earlier?

Old 03-09-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Then what was the point of your comment earlier?
I could ask the same of you.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:18 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
BRG come to NY so I can show you around all the awesome places and free your ignorant mind of its ignorance.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
BRG come to NY so I can show you around all the awesome places and free your ignorant mind of its ignorance.
Been to New york so no thanks.
and 2nd why the personal attacks?

Old 03-10-2013, 10:32 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
Quote:
Been to New york so no thanks.
and 2nd why the personal attacks?
I'm not attacking you at all. You seem to hate the Chicago guy and I am just trying to be friendly to you. I have a friend who's like you. He thinks Raleigh, NC is THE PLACE TO BE. After a couple trips to NY and Atlanta, he's slowly coming around.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I'm not attacking you at all. You seem to hate the Chicago guy and I am just trying to be friendly to you. I have a friend who's like you. He thinks Raleigh, NC is THE PLACE TO BE. After a couple trips to NY and Atlanta, he's slowly coming around.
I dont hate NYC at all. There are some ignorant people there like everywhere in the US. NYC is a nice place to visit. but not to live in
I hate Chicago for a couple reasons one is personal and affects my family.
Another is the sorry excuse of a president Obama is from Chicago. Thats a perfect example of why Chicago shouldnt be allowed to send politicians to washington.
Another reason is Chicagoans feel the need to trash talk every single midwestern city to boost Chicago.
It cuts both ways and maybe it will take a huge decline in Chicago to get them out of that mentality. Maybe it will take miles and miles of abandoned streets and buildings like Detroit to have Chicago stop trashing the rest of the midwest. who knows only time will tell.
Ill tell you one thing im not the only one that hates Chicago. i know alot of people that do.
Heck i personally would be more content with Chicago if a huge blow like moving the CME to Indy was dealt. I think doing something as simple as that would teach Chicago a lesson and maybe they would be more open to other midwestern cities and cultures.
Also what doesnt help is when Chicagoans call Indiana a Hick state. oh lol thats not true by any means and i think its time for Chicago to get the massive wakeup call it deserves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis