Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2007, 07:02 AM

7 posts, read 45,439 times

Advertisements

This is just some friendly advice for anybody who is 1)currently in Indy and looking for another place to live, or 2)currently planning a move to Indy and needing a place to live.

Four months ago I came to Indy and moved into the Brockton Apartment Community, which is not too far from the Broad Ripple Area. It's been a disaster ever since.

In four months I've had the air conditioning unit stop working not once but twice, and I've had major plumbing problems on three separate occasions, including one occurrence that flooded both my upstairs bathroom and spare bedroom.

When reporting these problems to management, I was very polite and understanding (of course, they never answer the phone in the office so you always have to leave messages). Each time they sent someone over to fix the problem, but it was more of a "let's find a temporary fix so he gets off our back" instead of a "let's find a permanent solution."

Finally I had to call out a professional plumber to fix the water issues.

I understand things happen, whether you live in an apartment or a house, but the same problems happening over and over again show a lack of concern and urgency. I pay a lot of money in rent to these people, and they show absolutely no customer service skills whatsoever.

Perhaps there are readers of this forum who have had great experiences in Brockton. That's great. All I ask is that you research this complex completely before you commit to anything that you regret. I am about as understanding as they come but it has come to the point where I have had to take time off of my job in order to rectify these simple issues.

Just keep this in mind when you are looking for places to live in Indy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis