Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2014, 11:54 AM

918 posts, read 1,697,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis56 View Post
My husband moved me here after he was discharged from the navy, He worked for Major auto company before he enlisted so he had job waiting when he got home. Originally I am from CT, used to work in RCA building NYC, I really miss the ocean.

I came here six months before husbands discharge, lived at his parents home, and realized the state of Indiana was a state of control, change in the society is not tolerated. My husbands 3.5 years in the navy while we were married was not a good experience, he was gone from the evening we married to his discharge 3.5 years later, he came home ill, In the refit before he was discharged he was kept on duty 106 hours straight, he had not had leave or R&R and spent time with me in that time, explained as the needs of the navy, the pshycolgist that talked to him after he was kept awake so long said he should never go back to sea but the command made him do one more patrol.

He came home with honorable discharge in hand, very tired, very much in need of time, we had been notified by the Navy that he was coming home with a diagnosis of exhaustive parinioa, today its called ptsd. Three days before he arrived here his mother and father asked me to sit with them and we would talk about what would happen when my husband got home. I was very happy he was coming until his father started to tell me what was expected, his father said there are a few thing my son is going to want when he gets here, top of the list is he is coming home with about 6000.00 and wants to take a couple of weeks off before going back to his old job. This can't be allowed.

He said he has to go back his first day back, then his father said he has built senority while in service, when he goes back he will be able to bump, shifts, take the vacations he wants, the jobs he wants, and refuse the hours he doesn't want. He will mess up many younger people with less time than he's got up, you have to understand my son has bucked the system of society here for years before he met you, this also can't be allowed, then his father said you will be moving into other place but you have to control my son, to many can be affected by his wants, then he told me that if I did not do as required he would see to it the state had control over both of us.

He had to spend the first morning home on a sofa instead of with me. I did not see him until the next day because his father shoved him out the door to go back to HR. They put him on second shift 12 hour days 100% weekends. The next day we found an apartment. got our things sent up the next day. I hugged my husband but could not allow a husband wife relation because I was scared of the threat of being a guest of the state and denial was the only tool I had. That worked the next 16 years. I wanted to be his wife in fact, he would plead cry and argue the point, He tried to bump shifts one time, the lowest senority on the job was a young single mother who's father knew my father in law. FIL showed up and told my husband to remove his name and stay where he was at. The resulting argument bought neighbors over. His father said think about me. how much disruption meant to my schedule, I knew at that point my husband filed for divorce and was turned down by the state because by this time I was diagnosed as Bi Polar and Indiana did not want the expense of my care. So my honorable husband stayed in a god awful situation. As a bi polar I was also hyper sexual. I had affairs to see to my needs. This was considered no big deal.

At the 16 year point things changed husband had a cyst removed off his brain stem relieving high cerebral spinal fluid pressure, Started deciding things without caring who or what his decisions affected, he decided two months after that surgery that he was taking a new job at a new plant, however the son of the president of the county council wanted that job, he had 12 years less time than my husband, Everyone wanted my husband to back off, but husband used his rights and the contract and took the job, that night the young man showed up with 3 friends to tell my husband he was taking his name off the job, husband told them what they could do. they attacked him. he put all four into trauma center.

Part of the reason husband was not well liked is many considered him dangerous because of his training. he held a 3rd dan black belt in sho rey, served as Battle field Intell analyst in the army, and was airborn, airmobile qualified, that was before I met him, in the navy he was an FTB trident, qualified nuclear weapons security, Explosive ordanance disposal, Radiation and chemical control qualified as well as wearing the dolphins of a submariner fully qualified.

He still speaks against this society. I beg him not to, but he has notified me I have nothing to say any more, when I do speak up, he points to the door and says you don't like it there's the door, I will find a woman that wants me. This hurts, I have always wanted him. Just could not let him have his way, he now knows about my affairs, just about every word is venom. With others watching and warning me if he gets what he wants that will mean he will go to jail, the man I married hates me because I have to keep him in line with what this society requires and I am failing bad, I hate this state.
Quote:
during the 31 years before he was force to retire my husband averaged 1 day off every four years, his average workday was 12.65 hrs I cant remember him having one holiday off His Christmas and thanksgiving usually consisted of a sandwich delivery from home at the gate, several times he did not get that.

I just came to a decision, its probably going to land me in big trouble around here, several people have said the next time my husband tells them to get out of their face they will have to do something, I just told someone else that husband was right they had to get out of his and my face. It was his father. He is standing on the porch dumfounded and my husband talking to him, We have an issue my husband wont back down from, his father says he will, don't thinks he will.
What in the what ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 12:04 PM

143 posts, read 237,737 times
Quote:
My husband moved me here after he was discharged from the navy, He worked for Major auto company before he enlisted so he had job waiting when he got home. Originally I am from CT, used to work in RCA building NYC, I really miss the ocean.

I came here six months before husbands discharge, lived at his parents home, and realized the state of Indiana was a state of control, change in the society is not tolerated. My husbands 3.5 years in the navy while we were married was not a good experience, he was gone from the evening we married to his discharge 3.5 years later, he came home ill, In the refit before he was discharged he was kept on duty 106 hours straight, he had not had leave or R&R and spent time with me in that time, explained as the needs of the navy, the pshycolgist that talked to him after he was kept awake so long said he should never go back to sea but the command made him do one more patrol.

He came home with honorable discharge in hand, very tired, very much in need of time, we had been notified by the Navy that he was coming home with a diagnosis of exhaustive parinioa, today its called ptsd. Three days before he arrived here his mother and father asked me to sit with them and we would talk about what would happen when my husband got home. I was very happy he was coming until his father started to tell me what was expected, his father said there are a few thing my son is going to want when he gets here, top of the list is he is coming home with about 6000.00 and wants to take a couple of weeks off before going back to his old job. This can't be allowed.

He said he has to go back his first day back, then his father said he has built senority while in service, when he goes back he will be able to bump, shifts, take the vacations he wants, the jobs he wants, and refuse the hours he doesn't want. He will mess up many younger people with less time than he's got up, you have to understand my son has bucked the system of society here for years before he met you, this also can't be allowed, then his father said you will be moving into other place but you have to control my son, to many can be affected by his wants, then he told me that if I did not do as required he would see to it the state had control over both of us.

He had to spend the first morning home on a sofa instead of with me. I did not see him until the next day because his father shoved him out the door to go back to HR. They put him on second shift 12 hour days 100% weekends. The next day we found an apartment. got our things sent up the next day. I hugged my husband but could not allow a husband wife relation because I was scared of the threat of being a guest of the state and denial was the only tool I had. That worked the next 16 years. I wanted to be his wife in fact, he would plead cry and argue the point, He tried to bump shifts one time, the lowest senority on the job was a young single mother who's father knew my father in law. FIL showed up and told my husband to remove his name and stay where he was at. The resulting argument bought neighbors over. His father said think about me. how much disruption meant to my schedule, I knew at that point my husband filed for divorce and was turned down by the state because by this time I was diagnosed as Bi Polar and Indiana did not want the expense of my care. So my honorable husband stayed in a god awful situation. As a bi polar I was also hyper sexual. I had affairs to see to my needs. This was considered no big deal.

At the 16 year point things changed husband had a cyst removed off his brain stem relieving high cerebral spinal fluid pressure, Started deciding things without caring who or what his decisions affected, he decided two months after that surgery that he was taking a new job at a new plant, however the son of the president of the county council wanted that job, he had 12 years less time than my husband, Everyone wanted my husband to back off, but husband used his rights and the contract and took the job, that night the young man showed up with 3 friends to tell my husband he was taking his name off the job, husband told them what they could do. they attacked him. he put all four into trauma center.

Part of the reason husband was not well liked is many considered him dangerous because of his training. he held a 3rd dan black belt in sho rey, served as Battle field Intell analyst in the army, and was airborn, airmobile qualified, that was before I met him, in the navy he was an FTB trident, qualified nuclear weapons security, Explosive ordanance disposal, Radiation and chemical control qualified as well as wearing the dolphins of a submariner fully qualified.

He still speaks against this society. I beg him not to, but he has notified me I have nothing to say any more, when I do speak up, he points to the door and says you don't like it there's the door, I will find a woman that wants me. This hurts, I have always wanted him. Just could not let him have his way, he now knows about my affairs, just about every word is venom. With others watching and warning me if he gets what he wants that will mean he will go to jail, the man I married hates me because I have to keep him in line with what this society requires and I am failing bad, I hate this state.
Quote:
during the 31 years before he was force to retire my husband averaged 1 day off every four years, his average workday was 12.65 hrs I cant remember him having one holiday off His Christmas and thanksgiving usually consisted of a sandwich delivery from home at the gate, several times he did not get that.

I just came to a decision, its probably going to land me in big trouble around here, several people have said the next time my husband tells them to get out of their face they will have to do something, I just told someone else that husband was right they had to get out of his and my face. It was his father. He is standing on the porch dumfounded and my husband talking to him, We have an issue my husband wont back down from, his father says he will, don't thinks he will.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:02 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,267,688 times
Quote:

I'm sorry, but this has what to do with Indiana?

Old 04-29-2014, 05:45 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
Quote:
My husband moved me here after he was discharged from the navy, He worked for Major auto company before he enlisted so he had job waiting when he got home. Originally I am from CT, used to work in RCA building NYC, I really miss the ocean blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah and spent time with me in that time, explained as the needs of the navy, the pshycolgist that talked to him after he was kept awake so long said he should never go back to sea but the command made him do one more patrol.blah blah blah blah blah blah
He said he has to go back his first day back, then his father said he has built senority while in service, when he goes back h go back to HR. They put him on second shift 12 hour days 100% weekends. The next day we found an apartment. got our things sent blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Just could not let him have his way, he now knows about my affairs, just about every word is venom. With others watching and warning me if he gets what blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, what this society requires and I am failing bad, I hate this state.
This is what happens when you order your meds from online Canadian pharmacies.....

Old 04-29-2014, 08:13 PM

631 posts, read 1,093,700 times
Quote:

Old 04-29-2014, 10:58 PM

67 posts, read 134,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
This is what happens when you order your meds from online Canadian pharmacies.....
Nah, I just think someone was composing and Ol' Dirty Bastard style rhyme.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:08 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Unhappy *

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliJ523
I mean absolute no disrespect to people who are from Indiana or who enjoy living here, but I have to admit that the time I've lived here, I've been the most unhappiest. The people are just not what I'm used to - they're very cliquish and standoffish. We've lived here for many years and still only know a few people - ironically, the people we do know are from out of state as well.
I am so sorry and I hope by now you are in a better area and happier!

People are like this ALL OVER...... They are upset @ what this country is becoming and they dont know how to fix it which results in them being rude and mean to others........... (Doesnt help things but it shows they arent happy)

I do hope you are happier now my friend!

Peace and love to you

Old 05-21-2014, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,369 times
Default you can never go back

I grew up in gary ind I lived on dallas street 262extact I never forgot because thoses were my happiest times I lived there in the 60 around 65 always thought id go back but now I hear things that break my heart well I guess thoses days r gone now ill just keep my memories close to my heart and if anyone nos the de harmans from dallas street id love to in contact with them there was Beverly phillys jonie and a brother we called chubby
my name is Jackie rafferty my mom was tootsie u can leave me a message [EMAIL="sweetpeajck@gmail.com"]sweetpeajck@gmail.com[/EMAIL] or iam on facebook Jackie carter much love gary ind u have seen better days

Old 05-21-2014, 09:43 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Welcome to City-data

Old 05-22-2014, 06:29 AM

10 posts, read 12,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W & C View Post
What in the what ????
Mabye your husband only has 1 day off every four years because he doesn't want to come home and deal with you lol. You seem pretty naggy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis