Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 09:48 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,267,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Since I don't live there, I really wouldn't know but I put it out there for the OP since it is a little
closer to Indy and maybe he or she can check it out.
btw, for those posting Louisville or Chicago, really? One is a 2 hour drive and the other is over
a 5 hour drive.
Chicago is really only a 3 hour drive, at least into the Loop. But that's neither here nor there. The people saying Louisville or Chicago are just people that hate anything inside the Indiana state line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 10:22 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,008 times
^^^^I understand the "hate" thing but from Bloomington, it can take 4-5 hours depending on traffic, what the
expressways are like and where you are going in the city. (and yes, it can be 3 hours with perfect traffic
conditions to get there from Indy).

Old 11-06-2013, 10:48 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Chicago is really only a 3 hour drive, at least into the Loop. But that's neither here nor there. The people saying Louisville or Chicago are just people that hate anything inside the Indiana state line.
No... It's called sarcasm! In my case at least....

Old 11-06-2013, 12:10 PM

225 posts, read 755,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Who said that they "hate" anything? All I said was that, other than Bloomington, one needs to go to either Louisville or Chicago to find any sort of progressive mindset. That isn't "hating" anything, that is just telling it the way it is.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:23 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,288,229 times
"Progressive" is such an overplayed term now, it barely has any real world application anymore.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:02 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,743,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brssplr View Post
Who said that they "hate" anything? All I said was that, other than Bloomington, one needs to go to either Louisville or Chicago to find any sort of progressive mindset. That isn't "hating" anything, that is just telling it the way it is.
Agreed very much so. Louisville has become quite the progressive, eclectic place. Like the big city version of Bloomington.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:24 PM

218 posts, read 462,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter1948 View Post
agreed very much so. Louisville has become quite the progressive, eclectic place. Like the big city version of bloomington.

lol.

Correction: ROFLMAO.

(And I hate that line.)

Louisville ain't progressive, unless you think The Highlands defines the entire Louisville experience. (Which, I suppose, for many people, it does.)

Old 11-28-2013, 09:43 PM

218 posts, read 462,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brssplr View Post
Louisville is not progressive unless your standard is Cincinnati. Nothing against Louisville--fine place, prefer it over other mid-range southern cities like Nashville--but there are too many other issues holding Louisville back that anyone could ever call it progressive. Besides, who wants to be "progressive" these days?! It's such an obnoxiously self-righteous term.

Besides, Louisville just annexed most of its suburbs a few years ago by consolidating the city with the country boundaries...something Indy did over 40 years ago, which was a bold move at the time. There is NO WAY a city can annex its suburbs and become a more liberal place in the process--in fact, quite the opposite will happen. Just saying. Obviously I feel strongly about this, but you have to look reality squarely in the eye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis