Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 02:44 PM

37 posts, read 115,945 times

Advertisements

Hey All!

I am relocating from Indiana out west and have a 30 ft fifth wheel travel trailer and it isn't included in my companies relocation package. I have an older F350 that I use to haul it but don't really want to take it on an 1800/3-4 day hike in fear of doing it in. My company will haul the truck and I was curious if there are companies in Indiana that I can rent a pick up with a fifth wheel in it?

I have already priced a transport company and it is almost $3k to haul it - I would prefer not to spend that and am willing to rent something and haul it ourselves. Any idea's???

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 06:07 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,357,219 times
I'm thinkin' you are SOL. Been RV'ing 7 years fulltime and this is the first time I've ever heard/read the subject even being discussed. A private party may consider a rental agreement, but a commercial rental....I doubt it. Got a friend with a 5th wheel equipped truck....maybe swap trucks for a couple of weeks.

Good Luck
Gemstone1

Old 12-18-2013, 10:35 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,660,734 times
I am also an RV'er and I don't know of anywhere you can rent a truck with a FW hitch to tow a rig 1,800 miles.

I guess you should call around to the local dealers and see if they can help you. You might talk to someone who "has a friend with a truck who wants to make some money."

Personally, I would just either haul it with my current truck, get a new truck, or pay the 3K. I assume you aren't going to give up the hobby once you move, so why is a newer truck out of the question?

RV'ing is definitely not a cheap hobby.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:35 AM

Thats is what I thought... but I thought I may throw it out there! Only trying to figure out all my options...

Definitely not giving up the hobby, actually looking forward to exploring the west/desert!!!

I may call around to see if I can dig up anything else and I may explore getting a newer truck as well. I am also hauling my 24 ft Pontoon boat with my SUV. So we will have a convoy regardless of which way we do it! LOL

Thanks for the replies!

Old 12-26-2013, 12:44 PM

Just following back up - couldn't find a viable alternative so went ahead and upgraded the truck

Happy trails everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis