Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2014, 08:58 AM

10 posts, read 12,130 times

Advertisements

I am reposting this because I posted it in the wrong area before.
I am finding it very difficult to find a nice place to rent in Greenwood. Its a tough situation from the start because I am currently in Korea(my wife and kids are in Michigan) and I am trying to find a home for rent for when I arrive in June. I will be working at Camp Atterbury as an instructor and my wife will be attending college a IUPUI. Were both pretty young and prefer to live in Greenwood which seems perfect for us. I have been using Zillow and Trulia to find rental homes as they pop up and there is not a very big selection. We had finally found a home and called right away, filled out the 90$ rental application and then was told that since there were multiple applications in for the same home, that the owner would make the decision. Well, we lost out on that one and lost our 90$ application fee and I managed to get my wife excited thinking that I had it in the bag. I guess the owner wasn't a big military supporter.
Im looking for a place with quick access to the highway and also close to shopping, food etc.. the place we found was literally perfect. I need some advice as to how I can find an honest, reliable realty company to help me find a place in the area. *Since I am in Korea, all I have to go off of to make my decision are pictures since I cannot see the place in person beforehand. Our price range is from 1100-1300 but preferably would like to spend the lesser of course. We will be living in the area for at least 3 years and just want a nice, safe area to live. I posted in another forum asking for advice and got ZERO responses even though it said my post was viewed over 300 times haha. Anyways, any advice would help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 09:32 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,275,413 times
Use MIBOR. Click Johnson County, then Greenwood on the map and enter your house criteria. A 3 bedroom house between 1000 and 1300 yielded 31 results.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:33 AM

144 posts, read 342,217 times

Old 05-07-2014, 10:45 AM

143 posts, read 237,612 times
You're looking for a house to rent, not apartments, right?

Old 05-08-2014, 08:24 AM

10 posts, read 12,130 times
Yes, I'm looking for a house. I need the space and an apartment is way too small.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammwill View Post
You're looking for a house to rent, not apartments, right?

Old 05-08-2014, 08:54 AM

143 posts, read 237,612 times
I rented a nice apartment in Greenwood one time, but I don't really know about houses down there...sorry. I would check zillow.com and MIBOR.com. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
View detailed profiles of: