Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 12:57 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,853,358 times

Advertisements

Giordano's will be locating in River's Edge on 82nd St, where Sangiovese Ristorante is now.

Giordano's is my 3rd favorite Chicago pizza so I am still hoping that Gino's East and Lou Malnati's will decide to open locations here. But Giordano's is a place to start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 01:30 PM

143 posts, read 237,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Giordano's will be locating in River's Edge on 82nd St, where Sangiovese Ristorante is now.

Giordano's is my 3rd favorite Chicago pizza so I am still hoping that Gino's East and Lou Malnati's will decide to open locations here. But Giordano's is a place to start.
Yum!

Old 06-04-2014, 01:30 PM

918 posts, read 1,696,933 times
That's pretty cool... one of my Indy friends was super excited about it on Facebook this morning. Good move for Giordano's and the location is great as well

Old 06-04-2014, 02:56 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,266,309 times
I do prefer Gino's East. I still for some reason have never had Lou's, but I do really like me some Giordano's! I will certainly be visiting when it opens! I'm also surprised and sad that I never noticed the Italian restaurant it'll be replacing. I've been to Harry & Izzy's there but never Sangiovese. Hopefully they'll find a new location so I can try it out sometime.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:06 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,853,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I do prefer Gino's East. I still for some reason have never had Lou's, but I do really like me some Giordano's! I will certainly be visiting when it opens! I'm also surprised and sad that I never noticed the Italian restaurant it'll be replacing. I've been to Harry & Izzy's there but never Sangiovese. Hopefully they'll find a new location so I can try it out sometime.
You should try Lou's. I was traveling through Chicago yesterday and brought home a couple of pizzas.

Lou Malnoti's father Rudy is credited with inventing Chicago deep dish pizza. He worked for Pizzeria Uno, invented the pizza and took the recipe with him when he left. His son Lou used that recipe and opened Lou Malnoti's.

Lou Malnoti's brother started another pizzeria, Pizano's. I actually haven't been there but would like to try it.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:50 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,223,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post

That's good to know when I have a craving for it. But, I wonder if it will as good as the original in
Chicago (I hope it is).
I'm saying this because in the South Bend/Mishawaka area they opened a Gino's East and it was
medicore and eventually closed. (Hope they have the Chicago Italian Beef sandwiches too)
btw: Some grocery stores do carry Gino's Deep Dish Frozen (small size) - those are pretty good.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:21 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,759,745 times
Great! Now............if we can just get some real NY style pizza.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:17 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,532,342 times
I must be one of the few who doesn't care for Chicago deep dish. I'll continue to support Jockamo's.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:19 PM

76 posts, read 144,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
Great! Now............if we can just get some real NY style pizza.
Have you tried the NY Slice? They have a food truck and a small store near 10th and Emerson Ave. They're pizza is ok, it's no Grimaldi's but no one beats out Grimaldi's.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:03 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,283,297 times
I feel about Giorano's in Indianapolis the same way I feel about Pizzology. It's a nice change of pace; but it won't replace my normal pizza habits, Jockamo is still my go to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis