Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 03:23 PM

174 posts, read 181,540 times

Advertisements

As for wholesale shopping, if you don't go to Costco down on 86th St in Castleton, the next closest thing I know of is Sam's Club on 96th Street in Fishers, only about a mile closer to Noblesville. If someone else knows of a wholesaler closer to the Noblesville area maybe they can chime in. Depending on what part of Noblesville you live, it may not be that long of a drive to Costco. As I said, Noblesville stretches a long way, especially east to west. If you live toward Hazel Dell Pkwy, it'll take a good 25-30 minutes to get to Costco. If you live near 37, you could probably be there in 15-20 minutes via the interstate. Sam's Club isn't going to be much closer.[/quote]

Great info, very much appreciated. So lets say you wanted to buy a cooked chicken or something, is there a small supermarket around to save the 30 minute trip? In Florida we have Wal Mart neighborhood market 24 hours or Publix and both are good for the smaller items during the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Lol, conservatives can be so funny. You'll love Noblesville. It feels like a mix of country and suburb. It's also probably more socially conservative than Fishers.
I am glad you find conservatives funny, I guess its better than being angry lol. Nothing like a good laugh here and there.

Old 09-23-2014, 03:46 AM

35,051 posts, read 31,251,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinctwentyone View Post
As for wholesale shopping, if you don't go to Costco down on 86th St in Castleton, the next closest thing I know of is Sam's Club on 96th Street in Fishers, only about a mile closer to Noblesville. If someone else knows of a wholesaler closer to the Noblesville area maybe they can chime in. Depending on what part of Noblesville you live, it may not be that long of a drive to Costco. As I said, Noblesville stretches a long way, especially east to west. If you live toward Hazel Dell Pkwy, it'll take a good 25-30 minutes to get to Costco. If you live near 37, you could probably be there in 15-20 minutes via the interstate. Sam's Club isn't going to be much closer.

Quote:
Great info, very much appreciated. So lets say you wanted to buy a cooked chicken or something, is there a small supermarket around to save the 30 minute trip? In Florida we have Wal Mart neighborhood market 24 hours or Publix and both are good for the smaller items during the week.
There's an Aldi, Marsh, Kroger, and Earthfare, maybe more.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:32 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,715,196 times
I'm sorry Orlando isn't working for you.

Your focus on assimilation is kinda … disconcerting. Noblesville/Carmel/Fishers are all diverse in some ways and there are people that aren't assimilated due to cultural or language barriers. What it sounds like to me is that you should move to a small town like Sheridan, Arcadia, Whitestown … these are established, very conservative towns that are assimilated in the sense that very few non-native speakers live there.

I have a very good British friend who never felt welcomed in Noblesville. They moved to Carmel and are much much happier.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:33 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,263,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinctwentyone View Post
As for wholesale shopping, if you don't go to Costco down on 86th St in Castleton, the next closest thing I know of is Sam's Club on 96th Street in Fishers, only about a mile closer to Noblesville. If someone else knows of a wholesaler closer to the Noblesville area maybe they can chime in. Depending on what part of Noblesville you live, it may not be that long of a drive to Costco. As I said, Noblesville stretches a long way, especially east to west. If you live toward Hazel Dell Pkwy, it'll take a good 25-30 minutes to get to Costco. If you live near 37, you could probably be there in 15-20 minutes via the interstate. Sam's Club isn't going to be much closer.

Great info, very much appreciated. So lets say you wanted to buy a cooked chicken or something, is there a small supermarket around to save the 30 minute trip? In Florida we have Wal Mart neighborhood market 24 hours or Publix and both are good for the smaller items during the week.[/quote]

There's a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market in Fishers on 131st St. That's definitely closer to Noblesville. If yours in Orlando serves cooked chicken, I'm sure this one does to. Otherwise, there are plenty of grocery stores. Noblesville has both a Super Wal-Mart and Meijer (regional supercenter like super Wal-Mart, though slightly better in my opinion). They also have regular grocery stores like Kroger and Marsh. All of these places are open 24 hours. There's also an Earth Fare natural foods grocery store on the extreme southeast corner of Noblesville as well as 1 or 2 Fresh Market type grocery stores on 146th St in Westfield. These would likely be closer to most places in Noblesville than Costco.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:50 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,112 times
My only complaint with noblesville housing is theres alot of cookie cutter subs with alot of rentals in them. But theres some areas with 500k and up homes as nice as any in carmel or fishers.

If you are looking to move to northern suburbs of indianapolis dont limit your look to just one cuty. Look in carmel, fishers, noblesville and westfield.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I'm sorry Orlando isn't working for you.

Your focus on assimilation is kinda … disconcerting. Noblesville/Carmel/Fishers are all diverse in some ways and there are people that aren't assimilated due to cultural or language barriers. What it sounds like to me is that you should move to a small town like Sheridan, Arcadia, Whitestown … these are established, very conservative towns that are assimilated in the sense that very few non-native speakers live there.

I have a very good British friend who never felt welcomed in Noblesville. They moved to Carmel and are much much happier.

The problem here is clearly that the true taste of assimilation has not yet been needed in the mid west or many of the northern states. Secondly a huge mistake is the fact that people keep mixing the two diversity and non assimilation are two entirely different things.

Orlando did work out for me in a big way for more than a decade, however over 1000 people are fleeing Orlando and Florida now due to massive problems that if you go to the Orlando boards you might or might not run into.

Another common mistake people make is they feel that culture is in foods, dancing, entertainment, parties ect. which is a form of culture but the focus here that thankfully has not hit the Midwest yet is collectivism vs individualism. In the case of Orlando there is no compromise, American culture is not wanted nor needed so if you only speak English you are out of luck. My wife tells me all the time that the people she works with tell her how bad America is, how stupid Americans are ect. In your eyes we are not being tolerant? LOL

A question since you feel it's disconcerting. What would you do if you had teenage American children that were rejected jobs because they were American? A guess is you would find somewhere else to live rather quick. Be thankful you have not yet faced an assimilation issue.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
My only complaint with noblesville housing is theres alot of cookie cutter subs with alot of rentals in them. But theres some areas with 500k and up homes as nice as any in carmel or fishers.

If you are looking to move to northern suburbs of indianapolis dont limit your look to just one cuty. Look in carmel, fishers, noblesville and westfield.
hey Mike, I had not heard about Westfield so I will check into that. Are there any new subdivisions that have homes in the 200k range that you guys would recommend?

Old 09-23-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
There's a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market in Fishers on 131st St. That's definitely closer to Noblesville. If yours in Orlando serves cooked chicken, I'm sure this one does to. Otherwise, there are plenty of grocery stores. Noblesville has both a Super Wal-Mart and Meijer (regional supercenter like super Wal-Mart, though slightly better in my opinion). They also have regular grocery stores like Kroger and Marsh. All of these places are open 24 hours. There's also an Earth Fare natural foods grocery store on the extreme southeast corner of Noblesville as well as 1 or 2 Fresh Market type grocery stores on 146th St in Westfield. These would likely be closer to most places in Noblesville than Costco.[/quote]

That's great, for some reason I never expected the grocery stores to be 24 hours there which is a nice touch in my opinion. I mentioned Wal-Mart because it is the only after hours options that is close by, so its convenient.

Thanks again, you guys are very informative.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:25 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,715,196 times
Quote:
A question since you feel it's disconcerting. What would you do if you had teenage American children that were rejected jobs because they were American? A guess is you would find somewhere else to live rather quick. Be thankful you have not yet faced an assimilation issue.

moving to Hamilton county won't solve that issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis