Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2015, 06:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,919 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are graduating from college and looking to move to downtown indy for our jobs. I will be working near the circle and would like to be able to walk to work if possible. I'm willing to walk 15 minutes each way.

What are some of the good/bad apartment complexes in the area? We would like to keep our budget below $1250 with parking for 2 cars if possible and are looking for a 1 bedroom that doesn't have to be big.

Any feedback helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 07:56 PM

158 posts, read 174,528 times
Downtown Indy
Click on live downtown
Find an apartment, then put in your specs. You have a few options near the circle.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:37 AM

4,097 posts, read 11,450,052 times
For easy walking stick to inside the I65/70 belt. There are only a couple of old highrise buildings on Penn that are not recommended. You can go old and renovated or brand new. You will need to check with each one for parking since I dont rent. For that amount, you could buy but I do realise that this requires some stability and down payment. There is a small new condo for sale in St. Joseph which is close to all and very quiet.

Circa just opened and is right next to Mass Ave. Just checked and they are very expensive.

Riley Towers is older but well maintained highrise and central. A little less expensive. Does have a big pool. Very safe area.

Van Rooy has a huge portfolio of apartments and they are generally considered a good manager.

MBA Property Managment has a couple of interesting buildings that might qualify. If you check their website, hit market rate since they have senior and other programs that they manage.

There are new ones closer to IUPUI and the Canal with a new Marsh grocery right there. In fact one is right above and around the grocery so you can run down in flip flops even when snowing. (saw one guy do just this.) I think the name is Axis, however, very expensive.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:12 AM

1,766 posts, read 3,596,479 times
If possible, you may want to consider dropping one of the cars. I've seen parking at Downtown complexes range from $70/month-$150/month, so prices will vary. None of the complexes that I've heard of include parking in the rent price, so keep that in mind. If you did get rid of one of the cars, you'd be able to live in most of the new buildings for $1,250. Artistry, CityWay, and Penn Street Tower are all newer complexes that are in your price range and under 15 minutes walking to Monument Circle. There are also plenty of older buildings that have a slightly lower price point in the same area.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,919 times
I appreciate all the info. Unfortunately, we will need both cars so that will be an expense we have to calculate. All these posts have been very helpful though, so any other information people have on apartments they may have lived in would be great!

Old 03-05-2015, 04:39 PM

140 posts, read 167,172 times
Well I have seen inside of Riley Towers, friend used to live there. It was "ok" that's why back then I thought it was over priced. The parking lot... lord jesus You could swipe any card I mean even a business card and it would open lol...I know its crazy. There are lots of apartments on Pennsylvania st but they are old with really old windows and floors they are around 600-800. I actually like the apartments on mass avenue right next to Starbucks... very clean and has a great urban feeling to it... A friend used to live there and he paid around $650 I think it was an income based rent policy.. I dont remember much but definitely look into that one... Also there is the Marrot right across ivy tech it's quite a walk to downtown but you said you have cars so it would take you 3 min to get to downtown... They were around 800-1200 when I checked. It has a classy feeling to it. Kind of old but they take care of it really well. These are the ones that I have seen inside and out. I hope it helps and good luck!

Old 03-07-2015, 07:16 PM

5,951 posts, read 7,303,321 times
Anyone know what the Piccadilly is like? It's at 16th and Penn right by John Heron.

Thanks,

RM

Old 03-08-2015, 05:50 AM

4,097 posts, read 11,450,052 times
the reviews I found are all over the place. personally, I would give it a try.

Reverie Estates - Old Northside - Indianapolis, IN | Yelp

They do not do high end renovations and are trying hard to preserve the older apartment buildings. Decent location even if on a main street. Walking thru Old Northside on Alabama is a very nice walk downtown.

Little farther away from downtown but a grocery, old Kroger, is a couple of blocks away.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:44 AM

5,951 posts, read 7,303,321 times
I was just curious, as I had relatives that lived in the building from the 1950s until the late 90s. It was a creepy place at the time, and I was interested to see what they have done with it.

I'm not impressed, but it's certainly better than it was in the late 90s...

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
View detailed profiles of: