U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-15-2015, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,750 posts, read 16,099,514 times
Reputation: 6889

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
You're a ditto head? I certainly wasn't expecting you to be a dittohead. So whatever Rush says, is ditto for you? That sounds like you are letting somebody else do your thinking for you. That's the thing about ditto heads, they don't think for theirselves because I believe it is nearly impossible for any thinking person to be in total agreement with everything another person says.

Is ditto head one word or two and should it be capitalized?
I had to google "ditto head" and found this, so I would tend to say your desciption of the poster in question is off.

When the Rush Limbaugh show started in 1988, many callers would express how much they loved the show. It took a lot of air time, so he asked them to just say "dittos" to agree with previous callers who like the show. It doesn't mean that they agree with everything he says. If you were one of his 30 million listeners you would know this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-15-2015, 02:02 PM
 
Location: 78745
4,211 posts, read 3,772,427 times
Reputation: 7471
Whenever I do listen to Rush, when Rush welcomes a caller to his program, the caller will often excitedly exclaim, "Dittos Rush!!"

Have you ever noticed Rush never has any guests on his program with an opposing point of view that could debate him?

Have you ever noticed that when Rush is on TV as a guest it's usually on Fox and it's usually Greta Van Sustern's show? And have you noticed she lets him talk endlessly without follow up questions? I've seen him "interviewed" on her show for maybe 15 or 20 minutes and she might get 4 questions in and never takes him to task for anything he spews. Must be an agreement they have to get him on the show.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2015, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Brawndo-Thirst-Mutilator-Nation
20,938 posts, read 21,799,406 times
Reputation: 18173
This is a big deal???

Anybody who has followed talk-radio for a while knows that it is a dog-eat-dog world, station lineups change quite often. Radio markets are fickle, what works for one, will not work for another. If you are not pulling in the ratings, the advertising dollars go down due to demand and what you can charge.

Progressive talk radio has been basically a big DUD, shut down in market after market. By
comparison, Mr. Limbaugh's run on talk radio has been quiet successful. Rush is totally deaf without his cochlear implants......trudging on with that condition shows a lot of grit.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2015, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Katy, TX
463 posts, read 569,548 times
Reputation: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I wonder if there is there anybody who has the nerve to publicly admit they are a Rush Limbaugh "ditto head"?
I admit it. Not a senior citizen either. Not even close.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2015, 03:30 PM
 
Location: Katy, TX
463 posts, read 569,548 times
Reputation: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
You're a ditto head? I certainly wasn't expecting you to be a dittohead. So whatever Rush says, is ditto for you? That sounds like you are letting somebody else do your thinking for you. That's the thing about ditto heads, they don't think for theirselves because I believe it is nearly impossible for any thinking person to be in total agreement with everything another person says.

Is ditto head one word or two and should it be capitalized?
"you keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means."

mega dittos does not mean you agree with Rush, or he's always right. Just a long time listener, and you love the show. If people actually took the time to listen they would realize most of what they heard is flat out wrong.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2015, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,494 posts, read 11,921,053 times
Reputation: 4108
Quote:
Originally Posted by angiesu View Post
If people actually took the time to listen they would realize most of what they heard is flat out wrong.
Example, please.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2015, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,494 posts, read 11,921,053 times
Reputation: 4108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Me.
This is very enlightening.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2015, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
32,187 posts, read 26,599,176 times
Reputation: 42237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
You're a ditto head? I certainly wasn't expecting you to be a dittohead. So whatever Rush says, is ditto for you? That sounds like you are letting somebody else do your thinking for you. That's the thing about ditto heads, they don't think for theirselves because I believe it is nearly impossible for any thinking person to be in total agreement with everything another person says.

Is ditto head one word or two and should it be capitalized?
I probably agree with 75% of what Rush says. I'm more liberal on social issues like gay marriage, the drug war, etc, but he is one of the few radio hosts that I think *gets* patriotism and articulates what I believe to be a clear vision of America's place in the world, in plain language that anyone can easily understand.

If you actually listen to the show, you'll notice that Rush very, very rarely wades into the social or moral issues. He is not Glenn Beck, Mike Church, or Mike Gallagher. He may make a comment, in passing, and you know where he stands personally, but it isn't the focus of his show and outreach.

There is a lot of showmanship there, especially with regard to the Clintons, a lot of parody and poking fun at people, but the more you listen, it's easy to tell when he's having fun and when he's serious. Rush is a patriot, and when he feels that people impugn America unreasonably, he turns far more serious, to the point, and scholarly to defend the country. When he's "on" like this, there's no one better. I think most of your major radio hosts are true patriots, but none articulate things as well as Rush, nor do I think they have as good of a feel for the man on the street.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2015, 01:42 AM
 
Location: 78745
4,211 posts, read 3,772,427 times
Reputation: 7471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I probably agreissues. with 75% of what Rush says. I'm more liberal on social issues like gay marriage, the drug war, etc, but he is one of the few radio hosts that I think *gets* patriotism and articulates what I believe to be a clear vision of America's place in the world, in plain language that anyone can easily understand.

If you actually listen to the show, you'll notice that Rush very, very rarely wades into the social or moral issues. He is not Glenn Beck, Mike Church, or Mike Gallagher. He may make a comment, in passing, and you know where he stands personally, but it isn't the focus of his show and outreach.

There is a lot of showmanship there, especially with regard to the Clintons, a lot of parody and poking fun at people, but the more you listen, it's easy to tell when he's having fun and when he's serious. Rush is a patriot, and when he feels that people impugn America unreasonably, he turns far more serious, to the point, and scholarly to defend the country. When he's "on" like this, there's no one better. I think most of your major radio hosts are true patriots, but none articulate things as well as Rush, nor do I think they have as good of a feel for the man on the street.
I don't know how patriotic he really is. He certainly talks the talk. But I have to wonder because he managed to dodge the draft during the Vietnam War when the draft was in full force. He had a boil on his butt? Please. His family had some money and probably connections.

Rush has no room to talk on alot of social issues. He got into some hot water when it came out he was addicted to oxycotin and buying it off the streets. Before it came out he was a drug addict, he said he thought all drug addicts should be "sent down the river", in other words, to prison.

I guess to each his own, but honestly, I don't see how anybody can take him seriously. I think he's a joke.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2015, 07:59 AM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,494 posts, read 11,921,053 times
Reputation: 4108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I probably agree with 75% of what Rush says. I'm more liberal on social issues like gay marriage, the drug war, etc, but he is one of the few radio hosts that I think *gets* patriotism and articulates what I believe to be a clear vision of America's place in the world, in plain language that anyone can easily understand.

If you actually listen to the show, you'll notice that Rush very, very rarely wades into the social or moral issues. He is not Glenn Beck, Mike Church, or Mike Gallagher. He may make a comment, in passing, and you know where he stands personally, but it isn't the focus of his show and outreach.

There is a lot of showmanship there, especially with regard to the Clintons, a lot of parody and poking fun at people, but the more you listen, it's easy to tell when he's having fun and when he's serious. Rush is a patriot, and when he feels that people impugn America unreasonably, he turns far more serious, to the point, and scholarly to defend the country. When he's "on" like this, there's no one better. I think most of your major radio hosts are true patriots, but none articulate things as well as Rush, nor do I think they have as good of a feel for the man on the street.
What makes Rush a "patriot"?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:44 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top