U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 09:13 AM

3,335 posts, read 3,243,880 times

Advertisements

I have wained from rush since wilkow is on at the same time. Andrew is much much better at his show than rush.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 09:30 AM

32,190 posts, read 26,599,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
What makes Rush a "patriot"?
Rush really believes in the greatness of the country, that the country is, overall, a force of good in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I have wained from rush since wilkow is on at the same time. Andrew is much much better at his show than rush.
Wilkow is good, but I still like Rush better, and Wilkow is limited by not being on terrestrial radio.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:07 AM

1,765 posts, read 3,417,520 times
I cannot believe there are actually people that believe what Rush and Wilkow say. I listen to them to get a good laugh.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:00 AM

917 posts, read 1,597,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Regardless of what his ratings may or may not be, the fact is that Limbaugh has lost a tremendous amount of his advertising support. As such, stations that carry his show are seeing declines in their ad revenues & this same trend line has negatively impacted other aspects of talk radio to a degree.
The bottom line is that if a station drops him from their broadcasting lineup, they are doing so because of the $$$ bottom line & not because it's a "...piece of crap.." as the op put it.
The decline in his ad revenue is an easily verifiable fact that can be found via an online search.
This ^^^

No one else has mentioned this. This is strictly a business decision by the station, plain and simple.

WIBC pulling plug on 'Rush Limbaugh Show' | 2015-04-13 | Indianapolis Business Journal | IBJ.com

Quote:
While Morgan expects some WIBC listeners to be “hugely disappointed” by the change, he said losing Limbaugh could open up the station to more advertising opportunities.

There are some—primarily national—advertisers that refuse to air commercials during Limbaugh’s show, Morgan explained. Emmis officials began notifying its advertisers of the change Monday.

“We believe this could open us up to a new group of advertisers,” he said.
Station wants advertising revenue and many companies will not sponsor Limbaugh's show. Free market economics at work

Old 04-16-2015, 11:09 AM

6,494 posts, read 11,921,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Rush really believes in the greatness of the country, that the country is, overall, a force of good in the world.

Sounds more like a nationalist homer to me. I think many have developed a warped view of patriotism. Rush has always struck me as being like a lot of so-called "patriots" today -- He measures America's greatness by its ability to kick the ass of other countries, and he's more than happy to send other people's children to do the dirty work.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:30 AM

1,546 posts, read 1,745,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
but he is one of the few radio hosts that I think *gets* patriotism and articulates what I believe to be a clear vision of America's place in the world, in plain language that anyone can easily understand.
True patriots place their lives on the line in defense of this great nation. They took an oath that they will support and defend the Constitution of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic. They do it free and without mental reservation and purpose of evasion. Rush isn't a patriot he is a radio shock jock who you just happen to agree with.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:45 AM

4,211 posts, read 3,772,427 times
Rush is not a patriot. Oh he talks the talk all right, but when it got down to the real nitty-gritty, when Rush had a golden opportunity to show his real patriotism down to his core, he was unable to man-up and walk the walk. During the Vietnam War; when the draft was in full force, the same time Rush came of age, our boy Rush managed to dodge the draft. So downright offensive and disgusting.

Bottom line, Rush is a draft dodger.

How anybody besides his momma could hold him in such high esteem is beyond me.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:24 AM

17,696 posts, read 38,105,930 times
I'd imagine this has to do with ad revenue …

Someone will pick his show up. It will make money for awhile, then he will be yanked again.

so it goes.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:42 PM

32,190 posts, read 26,599,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I'd imagine this has to do with ad revenue …

Someone will pick his show up. It will make money for awhile, then he will be yanked again.

so it goes.
It's just business. Other than Rush and Abdul, I don't listen to WIBC - the rest of its programming doesn't interest me.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:25 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,828,686 times
I've been listening to Rush since the mid 90s. I do believe he is a funny guy, but the fact is that he is nothing more than a hypocrite. During his failed TV show back in the day he spoke of putting all drug dealers (or maybe addicts/users) in prison for a long time. Never said how he would fund this though. Of course he turns around and gets addicted to drugs. Of course people with his kind of money can always find a doctor to make the use legal, and I won't hold it against him for getting addicted since I blame the medical community for pushing legalized heroin in general. Of course for someone who comes across as pro-strong two parent family, he himself has had two or three wives in his lifetime. When you are in the spotlight for as long as he has been, eventually the hypocritical baggage likely starts to turn more and more people off. I live a comfortable life, though I don't have children to deal with, so financially life is easy for me. Rush tries to come across as being one who understands how middle class people live, but he is just another super rich person who is likely out-of-touch just like Obama, Pelosi, etc.. I'm just becoming more and more turned off of politics in general, which is why for the last few years I just don't care to listen to Rush, Garrison, Abdul, or and other political talking heads on the radio or TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis