Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 09:03 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meo57 View Post
I'm not a troll, I just remember when I lived in Indiana I was not eating strawberries YEAR ROUND just in the summer.
Was this when you worked in the Jonathan Jennings administration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 05:44 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,911,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graywhiskers View Post
W&C, it is a very simple IQ test. Either you get it or you don't.
My explanation supported the OP that fresh fruit was not, at least in my memory as a teenager, always available year round in the 1960s.

To ask about 1950 was an insulting exaggeration; and certainly the OP is not that old.

I finish my comments on this subject.
You just insulted people who were alive in the 50s. Old ... uhmm.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:02 AM

890 posts, read 883,065 times
Default hi-jacking a thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
You just insulted people who were alive in the 50s. Old ... uhmm.
I said I would not respond again, but Dyadic you did not read the entire thread, or you did not comprehend it. I did not insult people who were alive in the 1950s. Stop hijacking threads if you have nothing to contribute.

For someone to remember what they were eating year round in 1950 would require them to be born around 1940, so that would be someone 75 years old or older. Not someone who is currently working and relocating.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:08 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
I said I would not respond again, but Dyadic you did not read the entire thread, or you did not comprehend it. I did not insult people who were alive in the 1950s. Stop hijacking threads if you have nothing to contribute.

For someone to remember what they were eating year round in 1950 would require them to be born around 1940, so that would be someone 75 years old or older. Not someone who is currently working and relocating.
My grandmother is 84, in great health, and splits time between Michigan and Florida. Are you saying she is too old to think for herself and should be locked away in a nursing home because she is 75+?

Old 05-29-2015, 06:30 AM

Default Another deflection from the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Was this when you worked in the Jonathan Jennings administration?
See Toxic Toast, this is essentially the same smart ass answer you provided. Just another time than 1950. If you had asked sincerely what the poster ate when she lived in Indiana if she could remember, that would have been an honest response.

Now you are turning the thread into an absurdity, because I challenged you on your response. You obviously provided a smart ass answer. Because I pointed out that your 1950 reference was an absurdity, you are now saying I am insulting your grandmother. If I can figure out how to put you on ignore, I will.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
See Toxic Toast, this is essentially the same smart ass answer you provided. Just another time than 1950. If you had asked sincerely what the poster ate when she lived in Indiana if she could remember, that would have been an honest response.

Now you are turning the thread into an absurdity, because I challenged you on your response. You obviously provided a smart ass answer. Because I pointed out that your 1950 reference was an absurdity, you are now saying I am insulting your grandmother. If I can figure out how to put you on ignore, I will.
Go to My Settings (top left), Settings & Options and then to Edit Ignore List. Type in Toxic Toast.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:48 AM

Toxic, I see you posted, but you are now on my ignore list. Have a nice day.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Toxic, I see you posted, but you are now on my ignore list. Have a nice day.
Cool, you figured it out without my help.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:29 AM

918 posts, read 1,697,504 times
Quote:

Yes, a very minor difference at that - 1950 vs. early 19th century. Because we all know that chances of finding someone who was alive and eating fruit from grocery stores during these two eras is identical.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W & C View Post
Yes, a very minor difference at that - 1950 vs. early 19th century. Because we all know that chances of finding someone who was alive and eating fruit from grocery stores during these two eras is identical.
If you felt Toxic Toast actually wanted to know what the OP was eating in 1950, I want to sell you the Brooklyn bridge.
Both individuals used hyperbole, one was just more extreme than the other.
I will now add you to my ignore list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
View detailed profiles of: