Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2016, 07:19 PM

31 posts, read 60,999 times

Advertisements

Looks like I'll be getting a job offer at Navient in Fishers and was wondering if anyone knows anything about them. Are they a good company to work for? They seem like a pretty large company - which can be good and bad.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 09:05 PM

34,944 posts, read 31,079,407 times
Never worked for them, but I did work where I could see their offices. Traffic in and out of exit 205 is getting maddening, as well as traffic along the interstate there due to the IKEA and other construction.

Old 08-24-2016, 04:35 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,505,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Never worked for them, but I did work where I could see their offices. Traffic in and out of exit 205 is getting maddening, as well as traffic along the interstate there due to the IKEA and other construction.
When you really need a job, traffic is a primary consideration.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:01 AM

5,951 posts, read 7,306,328 times
Spouse worked for them as a contractor back in 2010-2012.

While this is dated, I'll offer it up.

They were very disorganized and a highly politicized organization at the time. Fiscal management was a mess, spouse went through several episodes of, "The end of the fiscal year is coming, so no more contractors!" They kicked everyone to the curb, only to call back a few weeks into the new fiscal year when nothing was working because they dumped everyone who knew what was going on.

Regularly promised to "flip" the spouse due to their "value to the organization." When pressed about this there was always some sort of excuse. Ironically, we moved out of the area and they let the spouse work remote they were so desperate to keep them. Spouse found new (permanent) job in our new location. When they pulled the plug on Navient their value suddenly skyrocketed exponentially and Navient was ready to sign them on as a permanent employee who would work remotely.

I find this really offensive when an employer pulls this sort of crap.

Anyway, it is dated information and that of a contract professional rather than a permanent employee, so take it with a grain of salt. Hopefully, things have improved, and there are plenty of places like Glassdoor and Monster where you can see employee reviews.

RM

Old 08-24-2016, 09:19 AM

119 posts, read 153,627 times
Don't have any experience working for them, but as they are my loan servicer they're very frustrating to deal with. Not that that would transfer to work experience/conditions, but I very much look forward to the last dollar of mine they get especially Navient. As MortonR noted with the spouse working for them, I'm not surprised due to how I've been treated the handful of times I had to call them about some things , while they act like you haven't held your end of the deal for the past 5/6 years.

IMO the student loan business should have a special place in hell.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:38 PM

34,944 posts, read 31,079,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
When you really need a job, traffic is a primary consideration.
If you're desperate, sure, take whatever you can get, but all things equal, I'd rather work in less traffic than at the 205 mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis