Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2019, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 225 times

Advertisements

Hi, Central Indiana Neighbors!

I am a graduate student studying Clinical Mental Health Counseling. I am currently enrolled in a Master’s program and ultimately plan to complete my education at the Doctoral level.

Part of my training includes a course on cultural immersion. For this project, I have chosen to study Jewish culture. I have always been interested in Judaism because of my own heritage. We believe that my second great grandmother was an Ashkenazi Jew, and genealogy research and DNA tests have helped us to confirm this fact. However, she did not practice Judaism or discuss her heritage after migrating from Germany to America.

With that being said, I am looking for events and volunteer opportunities to engage with the local Jewish community. I would also be honored to conduct an interview with someone from this community in order to learn more about Jewish upbringings and cultural or societal challenges from an individual perspective.

Although I am fulfilling a course requirement, I am coming from a place of genuine interest and a desire to facilitate connectedness. I would greatly appreciate any assistance or recommendations on how to reach out to this community.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2019, 04:34 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,384,782 times
Jewish Community Center?

https://jccindy.org

Probably a good place to start.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis