Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2017, 11:10 AM

3 posts, read 4,036 times

Advertisements

Moving to Camp Atterabury as active duty for a RC/RC slot. Looking for advice in finding housing in a somewhat rural area because I have three active dogs. Looking for a house or mobile home for rent $1200 or less would be nice. Also I am having a baby in August so ill be arriving 7 months pregnant. Just curious what hospital do I need to start contacting to switch my medical records over too? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 02:46 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,373,473 times
I wouldn't think you would have any problems finding a rural rental, however, it might be a mobile home. Do they have a base housing office at Atterbury? If so, I would check with them.

Can't help on hospitals - I would expect that there might be something in Edinburg, but if not, Columbus isn't far and would have excellent medical facilities.

RM

Old 01-29-2017, 05:44 PM

Thank you I would suppose they would but post housing is a limit of two pets I have 5.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:35 PM

890 posts, read 882,727 times
I would look in Franklin Indiana, north of the base, or Columbus Indiana, south of the base.
In Franklin, one hospital is: https://www.crh.org/

A large hospital close to, but north of, Franklin is Community South:
https://www.ecommunity.com/locations...hospital-south

The nearest hospital for Columbus is: https://www.crh.org/

$1200 rent should work. Check on line adds for Franklin, or Columbus, areas.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:51 AM

667 posts, read 2,888,209 times
Rural should not be difficult as Atterbury is basically in the middle of no where. Of course I don't know what your defination of rural is but it still shouldn't be too difficult for you to find what you need. Looking north Greenwood is about as far north as I would be willing to go. I lived just north of Greenwood and my drive down to Atterbury would usually only be about 30 minutes. Indianapolis has a great hospital named Methodist. That is where both of my children were born and I'm very happy with the hospital.

Cruising craigslist I found this house for rent: https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/apa/5976770979.html

Here's an even nicer one: https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/apa/5975779661.html

I did notice that they are managed by the same company so they might be able to help you out even more but I can not say if they are good or bad.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:23 PM

Wow, thank you everyone for the updates. Huge help on the hospitals! The two houses that were posted were so beautiful and definitely worth looking into!

Old 02-08-2017, 10:50 AM

438 posts, read 1,360,054 times
Columbus Regional is an excellent hospital, the closest one to base, and accepts TriCare as do all of the providers with hospital privileges, and have a working relationship with all the level 1 trauma and NICU/PICU facilities in Indianapolis and Louisville and the suburbs of both. St Francis is better than Community South for hospital/OB-GYN services. Unless you are high risk CRH would be more than enough. Ambulances can be from base to CRH in under 15 minutes. There are also ample daycare options in the Edinburgh/Columbus area both in in-home and facility types.

Princess Lakes is 11 minutes west of the main gate, a nice, laid back rural community. Real estate rentals are not always available though. Edinburgh is technically overlapping with but adjacent to base and likely has more in terms of rental property but not acreage/super rural. There are also rentals available between Edinburgh & Columbus in the Taylorsville area, which again isn't acreage and is also a flood zone in large sections but hasn't flooded since 08.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis