Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 05:17 AM

3,145 posts, read 2,633,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
You bumped a 7 month old thread to tell the OP this?
edit: I thought you were talking to the OP. My apologies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 12:08 AM

166 posts, read 189,847 times
That would be a good move in my opinion...but i would rent first and get use to the area before buying..I am in california from indy and not all that happy here...I hope to move from here someday. It is just way too expensive and other reasons. Yet I enjoy the warmer weather. Lots of nice hospitals in Indianapolis and I think it is more active there with in home health care for cna work...just my opinion. Good luck!

Old 01-13-2018, 10:00 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,040,389 times
I think it's a very good idea. Why pay California prices and taxes for everything only to live a very stressed out lifestyle?

Old 01-13-2018, 05:17 PM

44 posts, read 50,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
I think it's a very good idea. Why pay California prices and taxes for everything only to live a very stressed out lifestyle?
Amen. My happiness increased 10 fold since moving to Indianapolis from California.

Old 01-14-2018, 12:01 AM

1,441 posts, read 1,116,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomer556 View Post
Amen. My happiness increased 10 fold since moving to Indianapolis from California.
Congratulations! Please describe how and why, and where in the Indy area you moved to (and, out of curiosity, where in California you moved from).

Old 01-14-2018, 01:01 PM

44 posts, read 50,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
Congratulations! Please describe how and why, and where in the Indy area you moved to (and, out of curiosity, where in California you moved from).
I came from Irving and I moved to The far north side of Indianapolis around 82nd street a year ago.
We were tired of the traffic, stress, soaring rent, declining wages, wildfires and air pollution. Our kids were struggling with the public schools in Irving so we thought about trying something new a few years ago. We did our research and settled on Indianapolis and we couldn't be happier. Our 2 boys are in great schools and the cost of living is so much lower here its like a different planet. Traffic here is an utter joke and as a result we haven't had breathing issues like we did in California. Not having wildfires is a major help too
The cold here isn't that bad and it was easy for us to get used too and with how strong the community support is if we needed our driveway plowed we just ask the neighbor and tip him for it.

Old 07-14-2018, 03:28 PM

2 posts, read 7,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomer556 View Post
I came from Irving and I moved to The far north side of Indianapolis around 82nd street a year ago.
We were tired of the traffic, stress, soaring rent, declining wages, wildfires and air pollution. Our kids were struggling with the public schools in Irving so we thought about trying something new a few years ago. We did our research and settled on Indianapolis and we couldn't be happier. Our 2 boys are in great schools and the cost of living is so much lower here its like a different planet. Traffic here is an utter joke and as a result we haven't had breathing issues like we did in California. Not having wildfires is a major help too
The cold here isn't that bad and it was easy for us to get used too and with how strong the community support is if we needed our driveway plowed we just ask the neighbor and tip him for it.
Irvine? We are currently doing research to leave So Cal and move to Indianapolis. But I'm finding as much negative information, as positive. This is so hard!

Old 07-14-2018, 07:08 PM

158 posts, read 173,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezfam12 View Post
Irvine? We are currently doing research to leave So Cal and move to Indianapolis. But I'm finding as much negative information, as positive. This is so hard!

Been here for 22 years after living from coast to coast. Lived in the Bay Area many years ago. For all around quality of life you can't beat Indy. There is a lot to do here, it's affordable and the people are friendly. I consider it a good quality of life.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:59 AM

49 posts, read 49,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezfam12 View Post
A lot of that negative stuff is a bunch of haters spewing lies. Best to Ignore them.
The quality of life here is very high and as Masters said you'll be surprised on friendly people are here

Old 07-16-2018, 11:21 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,095,105 times
I moved back home to Lafayette, Indiana after spending 40+ years in south Florida. Indiana is so much better for me:
lower cost of living
less traffic
better (much better) drivers
super friendly people (Hoosier hospitality)
Lots of festivals, art, music
Hiking in a nearby state park (Prophetstown)
Life is so much easier in a smaller town. (for me)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis