Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 05:45 AM

158 posts, read 175,259 times

Advertisements

I live in downtown Carmel in the Carmel City Center building and would recommend it. Most of the clientele is either young professionals or folks 50+ like myself. The building has 4 restaurants in it.The Monon Trail runs behind our building and the Palladium Performing Arts Center is behind us as well. A few blocks away is the Arts District which has several restaurants and is a fun walk down the Monon to get there. In between is the new mid-town area which includes some bars and restaurants. Many new buildings are going up in this area. They are also building a new luxury hotel behind us as well. A lot of construction currently but it will be nice when it's done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 12:03 PM

5 posts, read 6,324 times
Carmel seems amazing if I were looking to settle down.

But considering I'm only going to be here for 2 years, I'm definitely looking for somewhere a bit more exciting and social. Maybe I'll consider Carmel for my second year here if I want a bit more of a relaxed environment.

Right now I'm leaning downtown though - particularly the Mass Ave area. I'll keep doing research and I'll be touring in a week or so.

If anyone has any specific suggestions please let me know!

Old 05-15-2019, 12:16 PM

174 posts, read 244,041 times
Restaurants on Mass Ave that I've always enjoyed -- I know you can only hit up so many, but in order of MY favorite top to bottom if I'm eating out on Mass Ave only.

1) St Joseph's -- brew their own beers, have good food especially the Meatloaf Bison Burger, and cool setting being in an old Catholic Church
2) Chatham Tap -- Very limited seating, soccer on as much as possible, most of the beer from the local breweries, and English style food -- still a cool atmosphere
3) Yats -- Creole style food -- cheapest option on this list, but eccentric setting probably more casual than the others, but the food is to die for
4)Rathskellar -- Their beer garden and concerts is TOP NOTCH (don't know if they are open in that regard yet for concerts and stuff due to weather, but summertime is a blast there). The food is quite pricey and good if you like authentic German foods like sauerkraut, sausage, etc
5) MacNiven's -- Scottish style food like Bangers and Mash -- like most listed here has good beer selection, especially local Indiana beers
6) Ralstons' owned by same as St Joseph and Chatham Tap but different atmosphere and food from the others.
7)Livery or Bakersfield -- tie they both are Mexican cuisine and good, but for some reason they are similar in my mind and I just like the other places slightly better.
8)Mimi Blue Meatballs -- You wouldn't think they could flavor or make the meatballs better but they find a way. Seating is very crammed together but food surpasses that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis