Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:41 AM

55 posts, read 214,413 times

Advertisements

Curious what everyone thinks about these neighborhoods. They seem to lack genuine character and it looks as though the developers tried to manufacture character. I'm only able to view pictures on the internet, so perhaps there is something I'm missing by not being able to actually see the area/neighborhood.

thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 09:05 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,622,447 times
Their shiney new. They'll get more character once they are more established.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:18 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,528,908 times
I love both neighborhoods; they will be wonderful when their trees grow.

The only thing I don't like about West Clay is that the surrounding "stages" or parcels with it, where condos and apartments went in don't match. They've got old English style cottage condos next to very contemporary apartments.

I do understand the OP's point; sometimes when when the light is just so, West Clay looks like a child's diorama or scale model.

Stonegate is greener and spacier.

Love driving around and looking at houses in both. Suppose that makes me a tourist, ha. The large cottage style homes of West Clay would look great on the Michigan west coast with me in it, lol.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:37 AM

86 posts, read 294,883 times
I find that most people either love West Clay or hate it. Personally, I would never live their but I do love driving around and admiring the homes and fantastic architecture. Love it or hate, it is interesting to watch it get developed.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:56 AM

1,099 posts, read 3,725,575 times
I think the homes are gorgeous there, and the area seems very prestigious. I don't know the area very well, but it sure is fun to look at them online!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:51 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,667,483 times
My only gripe with West Clay is the home lots need to be bigger! For 1-3M, I sure as heck want something bigger than a sandbox of grass There are several homes there I would buy in a heartbeat but the land they sit on is so tiny it totally ruins it for me. I'm a country gal- I DON'T want to reach out & touch my neighbor. A nice wave across an acre of ground is fine though

Old 04-16-2008, 08:56 AM

1,099 posts, read 3,725,575 times
I wish they had bigger lots, but some people don't like that. Those busy professionals who have the money to buy those homes might not have the time to do a lot of yardwork.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:58 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,667,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiJayne View Post
I wish they had bigger lots, but some people don't like that. Those busy professionals who have the money to buy those homes might not have the time to do a lot of yardwork.
That's why they hire people to do it for them

Old 05-13-2008, 09:41 PM

38 posts, read 180,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acegirl View Post
My only gripe with West Clay is the home lots need to be bigger! For 1-3M, I sure as heck want something bigger than a sandbox of grass There are several homes there I would buy in a heartbeat but the land they sit on is so tiny it totally ruins it for me. I'm a country gal- I DON'T want to reach out & touch my neighbor. A nice wave across an acre of ground is fine though
There are plenty of 1/2+ acre lots (admittedly they're pricey, but they're there--those are the $800K to $2 million homes)... the homes on the smaller lots you're referring to can be had for as little as $350,000 (that's home + lot). 3-story Townhomes around $200K and condos as low as $99K

We live on one of the larger lots and didnt get the tiny lot concept at first either.... now I would love the lower taxes, lower maintenance and lower utilities of a smaller house with a smaller yard. Especially after the kids are gone! We've also noticed that with the combination of closer /smaller lots, multiple swimming pools, bike paths, parks and businesses that draw you outdoors, we've met more people in this neighborhood than anywhere we've ever lived before.

I grew up in the country also, and have never liked subdivisions, until this one. You might sacrifice a little privacy here, but when you have parks, pools and ponds right outside your door, you don't need as big of a yard, and the pros outweigh the cons, in my opinion.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:48 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,622,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderna View Post
.. the homes on the smaller lots you're referring to can be had for as little as $350,000 (that's home + lot).

350K is a lot for most Hoosiers to pay for a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis