Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2019, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 346 times

Advertisements

I am purchasing my first home & have someone in my family co-signing for me. I am wanting to know what forms the co-signer has to receive & what they will leave with, if any. It is an FHA loan if that makes any difference.

I am specifically wanting to know if they will have to sign/see/receive paperwork showing my debt/liabilities...I know that we will have to sign these forms, however I don’t know if we will individually sign & receive them, or if we sign ours personally as well as the other persons.

After originally applying & getting pre-approval letter, I was sent 15+ documents to sign before the loan could go to underwriting. One of the documents was a “Uniform Residential Loan Application” form..this listed all of my assets & debts/liabilities..but it only showed mine, it did not show the co-signers, he got one as well that showed only his. So just wondering if at closing they will be individual or if we will have to sign our own as well as the other persons & be sent home with those forms. Any insight is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2019, 09:07 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,353,101 times
You will both have to sign a single copy of the loan/mortgage documents. That is different from the application. You might ask in the real estate forum. It's been long enough since I was at an FHA closing I don't recall if you have to resign the application. Either way, it would be separate.

I'd be a little concerned if I was co-signing for a loan and the other person didn't want me to see their documents.

Old 12-05-2019, 10:39 AM

1,449 posts, read 1,149,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I'd be a little concerned if I was co-signing for a loan and the other person didn't want me to see their documents.
Same here. I was actually thinking if there wasn't full disclosure (between both parties), I wouldn't even consider co-signing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis