Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 11:52 AM

4,504 posts, read 4,615,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Jesus
Ok. Well you can go back to bed now. Good night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 09:07 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,077,877 times
I know the Waffle House in Greenfield closed down completely. Not enough business I guess. Places that are normally dine-in driven are going to have a hard go at this. A lot of fast food places already had 60-75% of their revenue at the drive thru window anyways. They will still see a decline in some sales, but at the same time they will be able to reduce employee numbers since the front counter for dine-in will likely not be used as much. Plus don't need employee hours to constantly clean up the floor, take customer trash out, etc..

I can see restaurants being the first to open back up. If we see a significant drop in ICU need, that will mean the current status could be eased up a bit. Restaurants will at least give people something to do outside the home. They will likely need to seat less people, and even places like Applebees and Culvers might have to resort to taking reservations to prevent mobs from showing up. People will have to adjust until we get this all figured out.

Old 03-26-2020, 10:57 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,267,688 times
Waffle House closed down a lot if not all their restaurants, so it's not just the one in Greenfield. A good question would be will people eat out less after this? I know my habits have been changed. I didn't eat out a whole lot before but I haven't now in over 2 weeks. I've actually been losing weight and eating healthier since all this happened.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:56 PM

11,443 posts, read 625,823 times
It amazes me........ So many people around the world have been scared stiff to go out but they will order take out WHEN THEY DONT KNOW WHO HAS HANDLED THE FOOD!!

I think thats kinda stupid!!

Last edited by ambers72; 03-27-2020 at 11:11 PM..

Old 03-28-2020, 03:04 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,077,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Waffle House closed down a lot if not all their restaurants, so it's not just the one in Greenfield. A good question would be will people eat out less after this? I know my habits have been changed. I didn't eat out a whole lot before but I haven't now in over 2 weeks. I've actually been losing weight and eating healthier since all this happened.
I later read that a lot of Waffle Houses did close up. I also know that the Rusty Bucket locations all closed. From what I heard the owner(s) didn't even want to attempt to make it work. I don't think people's habits will change. I feel it is very likely the world will have some sort of anti-viral that is "better than nothing" to "works well" in the coming months. That will help stem the tide once it is mass produced and shipped all over. Many articles say a vaccine should be able to be developed. Immunity for those who have caught it and who will catch it in the coming months is probable, but the time from for the immunity to wear-off is unknown. The vaccine will take the longest, 12-16 months, but if the drugs can come to market sooner, I don't think it is enough to change most people's habits.

I doubt the health aspect will play much of a factor for the masses. The biggest factor will be money. People might see just how much they used to spend buying food from others and institute rules of how much they will spend. With people out of work now, the stock market tanking, etc., people might want to do whatever they can to try and save money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
It amazes me........ So many people around the world have been scared stiff to go out but they will order take out WHEN THEY DONT KNOW WHO HAS HANDLED THE FOOD!!

I think thats kinda stupid!!
Well, limiting exposure in any amount will help. Some people are so conditioned to be eating out constantly, they just can't make the switch. Plus, I know a lot of people, especially the younger generations, who just don't know how to cook really good meals. Some don't even want to learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis