Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 01:41 PM

8 posts, read 50,261 times

Advertisements

So my wife and I decided to settle down in the Indy area and are buying a house in Fishers. One reason we chose our apt. in Fishers is because we wanted Insight cable for their cheap price and great service.

So I go to check into transferring our service to the house and I find out that Insight is handing the area over to Comcast at the first of the year. What a bummer! I am going to miss my $40/month cable+HD+internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 08:24 PM

260 posts, read 1,346,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjward View Post
So my wife and I decided to settle down in the Indy area and are buying a house in Fishers. One reason we chose our apt. in Fishers is because we wanted Insight cable for their cheap price and great service.

So I go to check into transferring our service to the house and I find out that Insight is handing the area over to Comcast at the first of the year. What a bummer! I am going to miss my $40/month cable+HD+internet.
Yup, it's true..Dec 31st is last day for Insight service The worst part will be having to deal with comcast customer service again if I have a problem...double

Old 12-20-2007, 09:50 PM

276 posts, read 1,127,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGibby View Post
Yup, it's true..Dec 31st is last day for Insight service The worst part will be having to deal with comcast customer service again if I have a problem...double
Yeah I moved to Fl in 2004 and had to deal with going from Time Warner(no issues at all) to Comcast..and then the fun began...Then I moved to GA and found out Comcast and let me tell ya ....I thought Comcast was bad in FL..in ATL they are downright STUPID ..they have been to my house a half dozen times just to complete a detailed order that was placed in Sept 07 for Nov 07...and I pay 99.00 a month plus tax for High Speed(I beg to differ) and phone(crap) and cable(never an issue has always worked from day one)....I would rather pay 100.00 for good service the 100.00 for bad..>you would think with comcast being such a big company that at least they would be consistantly good or consistantly OUT OF BUSINESS ..How they stay in business with such poor tech support. customer service(exprience not personality, they are very nice in my expiriences)...
Just my opinion...Hopefully it is better in Indy..Happy Holidays...Good Luck

Old 12-21-2007, 02:35 PM

172 posts, read 512,069 times
Default My .02

I used to work in the TV business and developed a very critical eye for picture quality. Additionally, I became very critical of the sound and picture quality that was sold by the cable companies in the 90s. FWIW, I ditched the cable companys long ago in favor of the satelite delivery system.

When I visit friends that still have cable, I'm still not impressed with the cable picture... even the HD cable picture is still sub-standard to the HD satelite picture.

My advice to anyone making a change in their delivery system to give satelite a good hard look. Whether DTV or DISH, it's far superior to cable. I've had DTV for more than a decade and the quality is remarkable.

Customer service is a very personal thing, so it's not very relevant to say the CS caused me to switch... It was the picture, plain and simple.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:13 AM
SJU

131 posts, read 722,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjward View Post
What a bummer! I am going to miss my $40/month cable+HD+internet.
HUH?? Where did you get such a great deal? Insight BASIC cable alone in Fishers has been over $50 for years! I added high-speed internet 2 years ago and have been paying $88 per month. I sure hope it doesn't go up from there just because they've switched to Comcast.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:23 AM

260 posts, read 1,346,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU View Post
HUH?? Where did you get such a great deal? Insight BASIC cable alone in Fishers has been over $50 for years! I added high-speed internet 2 years ago and have been paying $88 per month. I sure hope it doesn't go up from there just because they've switched to Comcast.
I have high speed and digital cable with Insight and pay about $90 as well....which I think is a little cheaper than what I paid for Basic cable and Internet with Comcast about 2 yrs ago.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:08 PM

7 posts, read 27,817 times
We have...

Insight broadband
Insight cable with one dvr
Starz on demand

It cost 118.13 every month. I'm not to pleased about the propect of changing to comcast. They block torrent traffic and its no where near "unlimited" internet. Not only that, we won't get the price break either. I'm thinking we're going to change over to dish before too long. I'm not to pleased with go over to comcast unless is cheaper and they don't screw with the internet.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:59 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,784,131 times
Wow, you only pay $40 a month for cable and internet? I think I pay roughly 3 times that amount.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:04 AM

200 posts, read 888,469 times
I've been a Comcast "victim" for years now...

I have yet to "upgrade" to digital cable, I'm still dragging my feet because of the cost, but as of right now I have lost 3 channels to digital-only, and my bill has increased by $4 over the last 3 years. Not a huge deal, it's only $4 a month more, but for less channels than what I had before? It's aggravating all the same! I'd call them and complain, but good grief, trying to get an actual human being on the phone is like selling your soul.

I'd switch to DTV or DirectTV, but I've heard nothing but bad stories about how they are constantly "going out" when the wind blows.

A coworker of mine recently got digital cable through AT&T, but it's not available in my area yet...but once it is, I think I'm going to go through them and tell Comcast where they can stick it!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:29 AM

172 posts, read 512,069 times
Just an FYI, the only time DTV 'goes out' is when something blocks the satelite signal - like a severe T-Storm. When the storm passes, the signal is right back. Wind should not affect the dish if it's installed correctly.
Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis