Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 08:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,686 times

Advertisements

I'm a recent college grad and I'm looking to move to a new apartment in the Indianapolis area. I know what I want, but I don't know where to to find it.

I want to be in an area with young people and young professionals, such as myself. I love social life and I want to be around lots of restaurants, bars, etc. It would also be nice to have parks and places to enjoy the outdoors. I know Broad Ripple fits this description and I do enjoy that area, but I would like to have more options. Are there any other places that fit this description? Preferably toward the south side of Indy since my office is down by Mooresville.

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 01:16 PM

914 posts, read 4,447,266 times
Mass Ave. downtown sounds like it would work for you. That would also cut down on your commute to the south side.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:36 PM

8,985 posts, read 17,313,313 times
On the south side you could check Fountain Square, but this is not so much as apartment neighborhood. I echo the idea of Mass Ave. Garfield Park is a nice area, but it is not a terribly social neighborhood like Broad Ripple. It is nice to be near the park, though there is not much else down there. If you wanted to be out east, Irvington is nice, Ellenberger Park is right there and there are a few places along Washington Street.

Really, any of the urban neighborhoods might be fine for you, though your question is a little ambiguous

Old 02-14-2011, 03:29 PM

261 posts, read 501,529 times
Sounds like you should live downtown. I know of no such place that exists on the south side.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:25 PM

63 posts, read 223,419 times
Castleton/Keystone could also work

Old 06-24-2011, 10:10 AM

3 posts, read 4,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martindxm View Post
I'm a recent college grad and I'm looking to move to a new apartment in the Indianapolis area. I know what I want, but I don't know where to to find it.

I want to be in an area with young people and young professionals, such as myself. I love social life and I want to be around lots of restaurants, bars, etc. It would also be nice to have parks and places to enjoy the outdoors. I know Broad Ripple fits this description and I do enjoy that area, but I would like to have more options. Are there any other places that fit this description? Preferably toward the south side of Indy since my office is down by Mooresville.

Any help would be appreciated.

What did you decide? - I am in the same boat, moving in a few weeks and I am looking for the same things - I need to be closer to the west side as I will be working in Crawfordsville ... ?

Old 06-24-2011, 05:42 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,155,687 times
Apartments off of Southport Road and I-65 offers that, but to I'm thinking like everyone else, you want Mass Ave or I would also say along the Canal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis