U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 05:20 PM

1,003 posts, read 914,178 times

Advertisements

Well, thought I would post an update. We moved in and have been here since Monday. I can see what everyone meant when they mentioned the area being more rural and "red". That said, we don't mind it and everyone has been really friendly.

Greenwood, at least the areas we've visited on rt.31 seem very commerical with a lot of big box stores. Granted, it's nice you can find literally almost any store or restaurant in that area.

We drove through downtown Franklin the other morning and I have to say I was impressed! It was really quaint and had a lot of boutique stores, etc. Seemed like a really enjoyable place to hang out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2020, 08:36 AM

2,111 posts, read 1,081,281 times
Glad you're enjoying your new home!

Old 09-21-2020, 02:30 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
4,466 posts, read 4,705,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Well, thought I would post an update. We moved in and have been here since Monday. I can see what everyone meant when they mentioned the area being more rural and "red". That said, we don't mind it and everyone has been really friendly.

Greenwood, at least the areas we've visited on rt.31 seem very commerical with a lot of big box stores. Granted, it's nice you can find literally almost any store or restaurant in that area.

We drove through downtown Franklin the other morning and I have to say I was impressed! It was really quaint and had a lot of boutique stores, etc. Seemed like a really enjoyable place to hang out.
If you get south of Greenwood the retail "blight" thins out a bit.

I was in the area the last few days to visit family and found that it hasn't changed much in many years. For that matter, there are a lot of things that make it better than in the past.

Giving some serious thought to moving back on a seasonal basis if we can find a house. Inventory is pretty low.

RM

Old 09-21-2020, 07:17 PM

1,003 posts, read 914,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post

I was in the area the last few days to visit family and found that it hasn't changed much in many years. For that matter, there are a lot of things that make it better than in the past.

Giving some serious thought to moving back on a seasonal basis if we can find a house. Inventory is pretty low.

RM
Ya, I noticed inventory is low, which surprised me a bit. Lots of new construction under 300k, but not much else. Once you get above the 400k price point there are other options.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:47 PM

148 posts, read 66,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post

RM
You might be better off just buying a plot of land and building your home on it. Then you can enjoy “having your way” as Burger King would say.

Old 09-22-2020, 06:38 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
4,466 posts, read 4,705,395 times
Nope I've built my own house several times, and it's not something I would want to do from a distance. I'll leave this one to a builder. I've dealt with spec homes before and I'm comfortable with it.

Plenty of new construction "patio homes" in the area which would be perfect for our needs.

RM

Old 02-28-2021, 07:02 AM

8 posts, read 8,457 times
This thread has been very helpful for me...thanks! I've sought out y'alls feedback on the Indianapolis area a few years ago, but that was all about the NW suburbs. Now, a relocation for my family is imminent, and we are quite fortunate to be able to move to 'the area that we want to live in' and the southern section of the Indy metro seems like it has plenty of what we are looking for.

I'll probably start a new thread here in a day or two with some specific questions, but I want to scan the other threads first, most of my questions are probably already answered several times over. lol

Thanks again!

Old 02-28-2021, 09:51 AM

218 posts, read 249,608 times
Most people seem to prefer being in the Center Grove or Whiteland (Clark Pleasant) school district portions of Greenwood. Nothing that bad about Greenwood Community, but CG and Whiteland have newer homes and more space to build. CG also has a good amount of wealth.

Old Today, 07:59 AM

1,165 posts, read 3,399,573 times
If I were looking for a new home the first place I'd look is: https://www.drhorton.com/indiana/ind...leasant-valley

Marion County utilities, Johnson County taxes and Center Grove Schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis