U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 10:44 AM

380 posts, read 189,050 times

Advertisements

Pendleton is one of the nicest small towns in central Indiana. I went to high school there back in the 60s and still visit my elderly mother there regularly. Even though the surrounding area has grown the town itself seems little changed to me. Falls Park is still beautiful and the small downtown area of Pendleton has a very quaint feel to it. The homes are well kept and people take pride in the community. The traffic on I69 has definitely gotten worse but that is to be expected with the population growth in the Indy area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 01:55 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
4,399 posts, read 4,644,119 times
Dang, the police car is gone from the Mayberry Cafe? Bummer.

RM

Old 11-18-2020, 08:20 PM

127 posts, read 88,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Dang, the police car is gone from the Mayberry Cafe? Bummer.

RM
They may have moved it around the corner, but pretty sure its gone due to the significant damage caused. Last I drove by I did not see it anywhere near thiugh. Yeah really sad. https://www.ajc.com/news/national/ic...1XtZEXj6XmNVP/

Old 11-23-2020, 10:17 PM

29,334 posts, read 22,161,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniceman View Post
Pendleton is one of the nicest small towns in central Indiana. I went to high school there back in the 60s and still visit my elderly mother there regularly. Even though the surrounding area has grown the town itself seems little changed to me. Falls Park is still beautiful and the small downtown area of Pendleton has a very quaint feel to it. The homes are well kept and people take pride in the community. The traffic on I69 has definitely gotten worse but that is to be expected with the population growth in the Indy area.
Agreed.

Pendleton would be the next spot I'd expect to take off. It's the nearest to the city while feeling a bit remote and offset.

Old 11-24-2020, 03:17 PM

380 posts, read 189,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Agreed.

Pendleton would be the next spot I'd expect to take off. It's the nearest to the city while feeling a bit remote and offset.
They built a middle school in Pendleton next to the high school that looks bigger than the high school so they must be prepping for more growth. We used to live in Henry County back in the 50s and that area has definitely not changed. I read these forums all the time and it seems that many people are heading for the same places mostly in the Carolinas, east Tennessee, Florida or somewhere out west like Colorado, Idaho etc. People over look the Midwest. Maybe that is good in the long run. Too much growth can be problematic. Looking back I appreciate the slow growth of Indiana. The cost of living always kept me in Indiana and my job paid ok too.

Old 11-26-2020, 07:44 AM

1,620 posts, read 2,573,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Agreed.

The school district is definitely taking off. Three new housing additions going up just south of the St. Rd. 13 and I-69 interchange. The remaining smaller lots being purchased and custom homes being built. I actually wouldn't be surprised to start seeing some of these mobile home lots get purchased, cleaned up, and nice homes built on those lots. Both the towns of Fortville and Pendleton are going to see some good and bad come from this. Good is that the local businesses will likely have a larger customer base but bad because traffic is going to just get worse.

Old 11-26-2020, 06:14 PM

3,710 posts, read 2,854,762 times
I think Daleville-Chesterfield might be a good place for a long term investment. They are right where I--69 junctions with Indiana Highways 32 and 67, straddling the Delaware-Madison County line, about 30 minutes from I-69 and I-465, about 15-20 minutes from Ball State in Muncie and less than that to Downtown Anderson. It's only a matter of time until Indianapolis swallows up that part of I-69 as a bedroom community. I bet a person can buy some property in or near Daleville-Chesterfield for a cheap/fair price and in 30 to 50 years that property will be worth close to 10 times what it is now. If I was gonna move there, I do believe that's where I'd look for a place.

Last edited by Ivory Lee Spurlock; 11-26-2020 at 06:26 PM..

Old 11-27-2020, 07:20 AM

22,222 posts, read 38,781,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I think Daleville-Chesterfield might be a good place for a long term investment. They are right where I--69 junctions with Indiana Highways 32 and 67, straddling the Delaware-Madison County line, about 30 minutes from I-69 and I-465, about 15-20 minutes from Ball State in Muncie and less than that to Downtown Anderson. It's only a matter of time until Indianapolis swallows up that part of I-69 as a bedroom community. I bet a person can buy some property in or near Daleville-Chesterfield for a cheap/fair price and in 30 to 50 years that property will be worth close to 10 times what it is now. If I was gonna move there, I do believe that's where I'd look for a place.
That may be certainly true that property values will increase in that corridor, but there will also be more affordable types of development west, south, and to the east of Indy. The spillover from Hamilton County will create a price premium for land and property values, even though Anderson in still declining in population.

Old 12-05-2020, 02:45 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,573,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
That may be certainly true that property values will increase in that corridor, but there will also be more affordable types of development west, south, and to the east of Indy. The spillover from Hamilton County will create a price premium for land and property values, even though Anderson in still declining in population.
I'm not sure if the HC values will spill over. Lots in the far SW corner of Madison County were $25K/acre for detached style living. Go one mile into Hamilton County, it would be closer to $75K-$100K/acre. Neighborhood prices are similar. The Hamilton County homes that feed into HSE schools are much higher priced than the three neighborhoods just east near St. Rd. 13 and I-69 for the same type of housing stock.

Now, if the pandemic work-from-home push ends up being very normal in the future, then maybe some of the far outer areas of the doughnut will see some growth. Otherwise it is just too far of a drive for anyone who would be possibly needing a job anywhere within the metro area. Vehicles aren't getting any cheaper and more and more people aren't willing to drive long distances like they did in the past.

The growth in Madison County is just now starting. Most of the remaining detached lots are continuing to be sold quickly and most have nicer level custom homes on them. The three new neighborhoods and a retirement condo or apartment complex are the first real signs of growth for the area. I hope Pendleton Schools are ready.

Old 12-10-2020, 11:30 PM

4 posts, read 2,561 times
These have all been helpful; even the towns not close to Indy. Thank you, I've got a lot to look at!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis