Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2008, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,573 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone I was jut wanting to post a thread for hispanic living near the west side IN are. I have been living here for 2 years and everyone one is extremely nice to me, everything is close and pretty, I love Indy.
My only issue is that I dont have any friends yet, I would like to go shopping or eating with friends (girls plans that I cant do with my hubby). I have friends but they live very far.
Are there are latin couples around this area? It seems like everyone around here is in their own thing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 02:11 PM

17,997 posts, read 9,007,425 times
hate to burst your bubble but you will most likely find Muslims and Chinese people out here in plainfield but i do know there is only like 2 latin families in plainfield that i know of

Old 05-19-2008, 01:17 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,683,708 times
Why do you insist we recommend hispanic people? Cant you befriend white people or asian people?

If I were to come into this thread and say "Do any of you know any nice white families I can hang out with?" it is very insulting to other races.

Please seek to broaden your horizons, or your life in Indy will be very lonesome. It is a community of nice white and asian people with few hispanic people, so closing your mind to other races will make for one very lonely hispanic in Plainfield.

We are nice, we dont bite.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:47 PM

10 posts, read 47,272 times
I have an nice white family but we only speak ENGLISH

Old 08-18-2009, 06:29 AM

4,096 posts, read 11,424,948 times
There are some hispanic oriented churches where you might find some couples to socialize with or new girl friends. There are also International organizations and nonprofit groups where you can meet people.

Finding new "friends" to socialize with is a long and sometimes hard process. A young person I know who moved here is having the same issues. Give it some time. When you get married it pretty much automatically changes the dynamics and add moving to that and it makes it harder.

People do not usually find new friends around a race but around things like sports, recreational needs, ideas, etc.

Find a book club, go to events of all kinds, etc. Be friendly. Plainfield and most of the suburbs are full of families which is another reason it can be hard to find girl friends to hand with. They are all busy with their families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis