Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 12:17 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,288,229 times

Advertisements

Speedway is nice too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 12:57 PM

11 posts, read 29,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
Speedway is nice too!
Speedway would probably be great if I could find a house matching my criteria there!!

MikiJayne~~I haven't ruled out Avon altogether !!!

Locean~~Anything that retains small town charm is not high on my list. That is sort of what I am moving away from. I have two "small town" cities on either side of us and I really don't care for it. One has a "downtown" area that dates back to the 1700 and 1800's but after seeing it once, there is no reason to go back again. It has a Walmart and Krogers and now a Lowes with a handful of mostly fast food restaurants. Nothing more. But thanks for the info !!!

Indyforum~I will definitely look into those possibilities !

Blast~~good luck to you on your move too ! Do you have to sell your home before you move ??

Yes, there are tons of houses on the market, and many are being reduced in price everyday, but so many of them all look the same !! I really need a big kitchen as I am an avid cook. Most of the houses have tiny kitchens and very little cabinet space !! I wish I could just pick up my house and move it to Indy !! Then I would have the perfect combination !!!
Thanks to all with all your advice. This is turning out to be a daunting and overwhelming task !!!

Old 06-16-2008, 01:26 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Are you guys beholden to Indy? Come south and join me in Columbus! We moved here from Fishers a year ago and it's great.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Are you guys beholden to Indy? Come south and join me in Columbus! We moved here from Fishers a year ago and it's great.
Sorry,hubby wouldn't want to make the drive to Indy to work everyday !!!
BTW,how is the flooding problem now in Columbus?

Old 06-16-2008, 04:07 PM

Just cleaning up ... not us, we were blessed to not have any damage. Who knew that we picked a house that's on a slight hill ... slight enough to keep everything dry! It was really scary, but the entire town pulled together. It was amazing to see.

Have you thought about Greenwood??

Old 06-16-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Just cleaning up ... not us, we were blessed to not have any damage. Who knew that we picked a house that's on a slight hill ... slight enough to keep everything dry! It was really scary, but the entire town pulled together. It was amazing to see.

Have you thought about Greenwood??
I really want to be on the west or North side of Indy, I think. Actually hubby just told me that Greenwood is also experiencing some flooding problems.
I haven't actually closed the door entirely on ANY area that is very near to Indy !! I surf the real estate sites for anything in that area.
Glad to hear that you were not affected. We also live on a slight hill--they call it a knob or knoll here. It is really a relief to not have to worry about our house flooding. It's nice to be able to maintain a dry basement too !

Old 06-16-2008, 06:27 PM

We had flooding in Fishers too ... it's random. Just depends on where it's raining the most and how far downstream it travels. Bottom line is that anyplace that gets 10 inches of rain, like we had down here and in Johnson County, in few hours is going to flood ... that's how it goes, no matter where you live.

Have you guys thought about Broad Ripple? You may find a gem there. Have you also pondered New Palestine? It's on the southeast side of Indy ... just another wrench!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis