Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 01:32 PM

11 posts, read 29,876 times

Advertisements

I thought I read mention of a new mall being built in Brownsburg. Is this true? If so, will it be a large one with major department stores?
I am really curious as Brownsburg is on my list of places to move to, but the lack of shopping has given me pause.
Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 07:27 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,056,190 times
they are just building a huge shopping centre west of Wal-Mart on Northfield Drive.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:24 AM

260 posts, read 1,345,968 times
You would be refering to Brownsburg Station. It is being built by Lauth Properties and has been under construction for about the past yr. Not sure what all they are going to have but yes there will be major retail stores there. I know for sure a Lowes is going in there. Here is a link about the mall on Lauths web site....there is a site plan, but I can not find a list of retail stores that are suppose to be there....I think some stores may already be open? Lauth.net - ViewProperty (http://www.lauth.net/ViewProperty.aspx?PropertyID=3 - broken link)

Old 07-17-2008, 07:23 AM

19 posts, read 82,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGibby View Post
You would be refering to Brownsburg Station. It is being built by Lauth Properties and has been under construction for about the past yr. Not sure what all they are going to have but yes there will be major retail stores there. I know for sure a Lowes is going in there. Here is a link about the mall on Lauths web site....there is a site plan, but I can not find a list of retail stores that are suppose to be there....I think some stores may already be open? Lauth.net - ViewProperty (http://www.lauth.net/ViewProperty.aspx?PropertyID=3 - broken link)

The Lowes is already buit, it's off of Northfield Dr, past the WalMart.

I haven't heard anything about a "mall", though.

Plainfield, south of Avon, which is south of Brownsburg has an outdoor mall. It's okay, not my favorite, especially when the weather is anything other than 72F and sunny.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andia121 View Post
The Lowes is already buit, it's off of Northfield Dr, past the WalMart.

I haven't heard anything about a "mall", though.

Plainfield, south of Avon, which is south of Brownsburg has an outdoor mall. It's okay, not my favorite, especially when the weather is anything other than 72F and sunny.
Brownsburg Station (where the Lowes is located) is an "outdoor mall". apparently the whole outdoor thing is all the rage now

Old 07-24-2008, 12:34 PM

I thought Brownsburg Station was over by Kroger. Sorry. I think outdoor malls are nice.........if you live in San Diego. Maybe not so much in Indiana where it's freezing in the winter, blistering hot and humid in the summer. There's about a two-week window when I would enjoy shopping at that type of mall.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:22 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,056,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andia121 View Post
I thought Brownsburg Station was over by Kroger. Sorry. I think outdoor malls are nice.........if you live in San Diego. Maybe not so much in Indiana where it's freezing in the winter, blistering hot and humid in the summer. There's about a two-week window when I would enjoy shopping at that type of mall.
if you go shopping at Metropolis in Winter they have Massive Space Heaters located above every 3rd store plus in front of Dicks Sporting Goods there is a massive Fire Pit where everyone is welcome to join.

In Summer there is Massive A/C's located above every third store.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
if you go shopping at Metropolis in Winter they have Massive Space Heaters located above every 3rd store plus in front of Dicks Sporting Goods there is a massive Fire Pit where everyone is welcome to join.

True...doesn't do much for the rain though.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:55 PM

64 posts, read 273,216 times
that kohls and stuff is considered a mall? looks like a shopping center to me.
Brownsburg traffic is already over the top for such a small town i would hate to see it if they built a mall.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post

Soooooo.....they build outdoor shopping centers and THEN try to heat and cool the outdoors? That sounds energy efficient. I guess retail isn't ready to go green yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis