Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 01:14 PM

19 posts, read 36,462 times

Advertisements

Good point. He'll be working in a building on the Circle...so right in the middle of downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 06:33 PM

6 posts, read 16,037 times
You must prioritize.

Washington Township is a great option - very short commute to downtown. However, property taxes are crazy in certain pockets of Washington Township, and realize that not all neighborhoods in Washington Township are in the Washington Township school district. Washington Township schools are great if your comparison is IPS - but then again, I think most school districts in the country would look great if the comparison is IPS.

Zionsville would be a very short commute - short jaunt on I65. Schools are excellent.

Carmel commute to downtown would get sickening.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:21 AM

I LOVE Zionsville...I really do. In fact, I think we will end up there one day if we decide to stay in Indiana. However we are drowning in student loans and our house budget is TINY. We have two kids already (and plan on having more) and I can see us very quickly growing out of a 1200 sq ft home...which is what we can afford there.

Avon is starting to grow me.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:32 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adri1079 View Post
I LOVE Zionsville...I really do. In fact, I think we will end up there one day if we decide to stay in Indiana. However we are drowning in student loans and our house budget is TINY. We have two kids already (and plan on having more) and I can see us very quickly growing out of a 1200 sq ft home...which is what we can afford there.

Avon is starting to grow me.
East Fishers, out by Geist Reservoir is an option too ... hubby used to work on the circle and the commute wasn't bad at all ... well, by Chicago commuting standards, 35-40 minutes.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:53 AM

1,099 posts, read 3,735,896 times
Home prices are definitely a little easier in Avon. It depends what you are looking for and what your time limits are, but you can find some nice deals here.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiJayne View Post
Home prices are definitely a little easier in Avon. It depends what you are looking for and what your time limits are, but you can find some nice deals here.
Time is one thing we do have. We won't start looking until next month and the lease on our apartment is pretty much month to month. I'd like to be in something by Thanksgiving but am willing to wait to find the right house at the right price. Also - this will be our first home buying experience and I'm quite nervous. I have no idea what to expect!

Old 07-22-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
East Fishers, out by Geist Reservoir is an option too ... hubby used to work on the circle and the commute wasn't bad at all ... well, by Chicago commuting standards, 35-40 minutes.
I found some great houses a little south of that...maybe Lawrence area-ish? They looked to be on the southern side of Geist. I'm not sure how I feel about the area though. We haven't spent much time around there.

Does anyone know how the Lawrence school district is? I've heard good and bad.

Thank you all again for all your input! It's great.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:04 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adri1079 View Post
I found some great houses a little south of that...maybe Lawrence area-ish? They looked to be on the southern side of Geist. I'm not sure how I feel about the area though. We haven't spent much time around there.

Does anyone know how the Lawrence school district is? I've heard good and bad.

Thank you all again for all your input! It's great.
Lawrence has a magnet school system. My friend exhausted herself jumping through all the hoops. If you look out by the reservoir, stay north of 96th street in the Hamilton Southeastern school district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis