U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 09:59 AM

1,219 posts, read 572,353 times

Advertisements

We're working on leaving CA behind, but shhhhhh...don't advertise this idea! I don't want the Indy area to become the next Texas, Arizona or Idaho that I hear are getting overrun with CA transplants.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 10:52 AM

22,364 posts, read 38,984,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
We're working on leaving CA behind, but shhhhhh...don't advertise this idea! I don't want the Indy area to become the next Texas, Arizona or Idaho that I hear are getting overrun with CA transplants.
It won't matter one way or another regarding Indy, because housing prices are very low and will remain low due to the absurd amount of cheap throwaway housing, (that ages poorly and yields additional expensive maintenance), that is thrown up everywhere and massive sprawl.

Old 09-22-2020, 04:53 PM

1,219 posts, read 572,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
It won't matter one way or another regarding Indy, because housing prices are very low and will remain low due to the absurd amount of cheap throwaway housing, (that ages poorly and yields additional expensive maintenance), that is thrown up everywhere and massive sprawl.
What??? This is not at all how I would describe the type of home I'm looking for and have either been out-bid on or didn't even have time to bid on before it was snapped up by another home buyer.

Old 09-22-2020, 05:12 PM

2,127 posts, read 1,092,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
This is sort of the mentality that I've seen a number of people have over the years and I think it's smart. I remember taking a ski trip with my brothers and their friends back when I was right out of college and we stayed at one of my brothers friends grandparents places. My brothers friends father came with us and he owned a business in Indianapolis and lived in the area and had the same thinking. He said it was so affordable he could travel pretty much anywhere due to the cost of living.
I'm from Denver, where most people might get up to the mountains once a year. You can live in the Midwest, fly to the mountains once a year instead of sitting in traffic, and still save money. Once you're tired of the mountains, you can fly somewhere else.

Old 09-22-2020, 07:16 PM

22,364 posts, read 38,984,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
What??? This is not at all how I would describe the type of home I'm looking for and have either been out-bid on or didn't even have time to bid on before it was snapped up by another home buyer.
It depends on the area of the city and the price point... Above $350-400K you will find better built houses with higher quality materials and finishes...

Old 09-23-2020, 03:32 PM

89 posts, read 56,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
I'm from Denver, where most people might get up to the mountains once a year. You can live in the Midwest, fly to the mountains once a year instead of sitting in traffic, and still save money. Once you're tired of the mountains, you can fly somewhere else.

Exactly, why not live where there's no traffic affordable and you have money to travel.

My daughter and husband went out to eat in Indy recently check the bill

This same receipt here in San Diego would be 250 plus tip
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone move to Indiana from California??? Do you like it?-fullsizer.jpg  

Old 09-24-2020, 07:04 PM

2,127 posts, read 1,092,122 times
Looks like they had quite the party. What was the occasion?

Old 09-24-2020, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
Looks like they had quite the party. What was the occasion?

My Son in-law joined the Marines and has been gone for 3 years. He wanted to meet up with some friends and have a few drinks.

Old 02-28-2021, 04:49 PM

6 posts, read 3,291 times
The only thing Indiana has is a lower cost of living. If I were doing ok in California it would be a cold day in hell before I moved to Indiana.

Old 03-01-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwillis View Post
The only thing Indiana has is a lower cost of living. If I were doing ok in California it would be a cold day in hell before I moved to Indiana.
Has beauty 4 season great people. My kids have been in school and youth sports. We can also fly to Florida NY and California pretty dam cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis