Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 01:17 PM

8,954 posts, read 17,222,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff3166 View Post
I'm not sure about the Oilers situation, although I know when that franchise left Houston, it didn't take "Oilers" with them, they became the Titans. As far as I know, when the league expanded and Houston was awarded a team, they wanted to start fresh, hence- the Houston Texans.
Not to nitpick, but they did play as the Tennessee Oilers for two years. I will get out of your all's way now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 01:49 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,504,518 times
Jeff and DC, I think we're just going to have to let Domergurl and Jaxson stew in their hatred for the Colts. They obviously don't want to listen to reason.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:52 PM

152 posts, read 744,897 times
Lightbulb <----my brain when you said that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
Not to nitpick, but they did play as the Tennessee Oilers for two years. I will get out of your all's way now
You're sure right, I had completely forgot about that....thanks!

Old 08-28-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Jeff and DC, I think we're just going to have to let Domergurl and Jaxson stew in their hatred for the Colts. They obviously don't want to listen to reason.
So what are you saying, that it's safe to assume that neither will be down at Lucas Oil Stadium tonight, watching the Colts-Bills preseason game?

Old 08-28-2008, 01:58 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,504,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff3166 View Post
So what are you saying, that it's safe to assume that neither will be down at Lucas Oil Stadium tonight, watching the Colts-Bills preseason game?
Let 'em stay home. I don't want them ruining my enjoyment this evening as I sit in my nosebleed seats!

Old 08-28-2008, 02:20 PM

8,954 posts, read 17,222,674 times
Quote:
Let 'em stay home. I don't want them ruining my enjoyment this evening as I sit in my nosebleed seats!
I wish I had nosebleed seats; heck, I would settle for rooftop view.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:38 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,151,319 times
Quote:
Quote:
Jasxon wrote: Because I don't support the Colts team like buying clothing or tickets to their games doesn't mean I want them to fail. I am happy Hoosiers have the ability to support a "hometown" NFL team if they choose to. Just my choice in who, how or why I support any business. I am an old school Bears fan, raised that way, watch that way and will die that way just as I am a Cubbie fan for life.
Where is my hate grmasterb? I have too many more important things to waste energy by hating over a professional sports team. As far as listening to reason where is it? Because I don't back the Colts I am unreasonable?

I have family and friends that have season tickets so tell you what how about you hold up a sign saying "hi Jaxson" to show your love to a fellow Hoosier? Enjoy yourself brother!

Old 08-28-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Nosebleed seats are better than nothing, I wish I had them!...have fun!

Old 08-29-2008, 04:43 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,657,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Where is my hate grmasterb? I have too many more important things to waste energy by hating over a professional sports team. As far as listening to reason where is it? Because I don't back the Colts I am unreasonable?

I have family and friends that have season tickets so tell you what how about you hold up a sign saying "hi Jaxson" to show your love to a fellow Hoosier? Enjoy yourself brother!
These defensive Colts fans

I'm glad you're here Jax.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:18 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,136,717 times
We'll see what the Colts are really all about this season when they play the Bears.

One thing is for certain and that is the Colts have about the finest new stadium anywhere. About the only thing missing is some giant propeller fans to create air movement inside the stadium when the retractable roof is open. It got pretty hot, humid and muggy in there last night watching the game. I like air movement just like offensive movement...both were missing for the Colts last night, except for Courtney returning a kick for a TD.

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 08-29-2008 at 08:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis