Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 02:59 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times

Advertisements

Super Walmart is in Fishers on 96th street, just east of I-69 ... across from anothe Meijer! There's also another Super Walmart on state road 37 in Noblesville, north of state road 238.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 08:52 AM

891 posts, read 2,450,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy*mom View Post
I wrote down everyone's suggestions but have been able to try only one so far--Sawasdee on 86th. Being up here alone, I'm hesitant to go out to eat after dark (and darn it, it sure is getting dark early!). Anyway, I went right at 5 when they opened for dinner. $11.50 for one dish. A bit high for what you get I thought-- not enough to have leftovers. But tasty.

So I've been in Carmel for two weeks now. I find Meijer to be expensive. I miss the prices of a Super Walmart-- where is the closest one?

Any other restaurant suggestions--??

Thanks everyone for your help.

There really aren't any Super Walmarts in carmel - I guess now that I think about it. Although is the one at 106th and Michigan a Super? I don't know.

I always find Meijer to be very reasonably priced. But then I don't shop at Super Walmarts. Might want to consider joining Costco - I enjoy shopping there. One in Castleton and the other one at 86th and Michigan.

Restaurants - try Thai Castle. - Not as good IMO as Sawasdee, but the dishes are probably a $1.50 less - the Sweet and Sour Chicken is really good.
If you want a good Italian place - try Mangia's - but it isn't cheap and is more of a place for a date. You have to try Bazbeaux pizza
Indy's Best Pizza since 1986

Old 05-10-2009, 11:25 AM

46 posts, read 154,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BU191433 View Post
I always find Meijer to be very reasonably priced. But then I don't shop at Super Walmarts. Might want to consider joining Costco - I enjoy shopping there. One in Castleton and the other one at 86th and Michigan.

Restaurants - try Thai Castle. -
Well I've lived in Carmel almost 6 months. Thanks BU for the Thai Castle rec. I've eaten there about a half dozen times and like the food. Business seems slow though but I kinda go on off times. They are hidden away in the corner of that shopping center. A couple of times I was there someone came in saying "I didn't know there was a Thai restaurant in Carmel!"

And I was wrong about Meijer. I like it. Not really expensive, just got to plan and shop the sales as much as possible. Double coupons is helpful. I actually prefer it to a Super Walmart now.

BU, what are they building next to your apt?

Now this is crazy, we're moving to Muncie! I know nothing about Muncie other than David Letterman went to Ball State. I would appreciate some info. Schools? Burris Laboratory?

Old 05-11-2009, 06:30 AM

why Muncie??? You just got to Carmel!!!!! I have a good buddy who has his kids at Burris. It's simply one of the top top top schools in the entire state. It's hard to get in because it's a small school.. My buddy had to get his kids on waitlists and be very very patient and he's a BSU employee! While he was waiting, his family lives in Yorktown, where the public schools are better than Muncie's.

Best of luck!!!! You're becoming a real Hoosier now.

And glad you came around the Meijer!

Old 05-11-2009, 06:58 AM

891 posts, read 2,450,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy*mom View Post
Well I've lived in Carmel almost 6 months. Thanks BU for the Thai Castle rec. I've eaten there about a half dozen times and like the food. Business seems slow though but I kinda go on off times. They are hidden away in the corner of that shopping center. A couple of times I was there someone came in saying "I didn't know there was a Thai restaurant in Carmel!"

And I was wrong about Meijer. I like it. Not really expensive, just got to plan and shop the sales as much as possible. Double coupons is helpful. I actually prefer it to a Super Walmart now.

BU, what are they building next to your apt?

Now this is crazy, we're moving to Muncie! I know nothing about Muncie other than David Letterman went to Ball State. I would appreciate some info. Schools? Burris Laboratory?

They are building another apartment/retail building just like the two that are already there. That was the plan all along - I think they delayed it a year or two. A little surprised though because the first floor retail isn't going so well, but the apartments are very popular..

Yeah Thai Castle is never very crowded - but I think the food is pretty good - hope they can stay open - although no doubt the location is lousy - but that makes the rent cheaper I'm sure

Old 05-11-2009, 08:33 PM

46 posts, read 154,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
why Muncie??? You just got to Carmel!!!!! I have a good buddy who has his kids at Burris. It's simply one of the top top top schools in the entire state. It's hard to get in because it's a small school.. My buddy had to get his kids on waitlists and be very very patient and he's a BSU employee! While he was waiting, his family lives in Yorktown, where the public schools are better than Muncie's.

Best of luck!!!! You're becoming a real Hoosier now.

And glad you came around the Meijer!
I know, I was saying the same thing, but I just got to Carmel!!! But the family never did move with me. Decided to let the kids finish the school year where they were.
I've been living in Carmel half the week and going back "home" on my days off. It's been a crazy 6 months, yeah, I'm a little "frazzled".
But now the spouse has gotten a job in Muncie. Nothing turned up around Carmel/Fishers unfortunately. I found a Star-Press article about that waiting list for Burris. Do you know if it is free or if there is tuition?
Thanks for the mention of Yorktown. I appreciate any info on the area because it is totally unknown to us.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:36 PM

I'm not sure if there's tuition or not ... here's the Burris website:

Burris Laboratory School

best of luck to you!!!! Keep us posted please! You may want to contact them NOW.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:48 PM

239 posts, read 467,950 times
Logged in under my husbands name, and was reading this forum, I realize it is from a few months back, but thought you may still visit this site. Anyway wondered if you are a nurse by the comments you were making and possibly a traveler......If I'm right, I was wondering what you could tell me about your experience in Carmel and what hospital you may have worked at....We are considering relocating there and would love to get some info on the hospitals and any experiences you may have had with the whole area.
Thanks in advance
Kathy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis