Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:53 PM

13 posts, read 52,807 times

Advertisements

There are about a million and one houses for sale in the Royal Run subdivision in Zionsville that are all 5-7 years old. Is there something wrong with these houses?

Any inside scoop???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 07:31 AM

51 posts, read 304,483 times
I don't have an answer for you but I have wondered the same thing. With the anson project and the new lowes its seems like a great location. When I was house hunting I looked at one home in subdivision and just didn't like the layout. The neighborhood seemed nice but I'm new to the area and don't k now much about it.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:18 PM

1 posts, read 11,901 times
There's nothing wrong with Royal Run. The reason there are (and have been) so many homes for sale is because Zionsville has some of the highest prices (and property values) in the state, and many people were eager to live in Zionsville for the values and our schools but no longer can afford to live here. Royal Run is one of the most affordable communities in Zionsville - but it's a niche community. If you're into custom homes, you won't buy here, and if you're not into having the Zionsville Address (location location location), you're not going to pay what people pay for these houses when you can get a similar home for 2/3 price somewhere else. Many people were eager to live in Zionsville, and when they were qualified for big mortgages they got in, only to find they couldn't afford them once their arm's went up, or when one or both income makers lost their jobs. Many of the people who lived here worked at ATA and United Airlines, since we are so convenient to the airport - and when those companies shut down, people had to leave their homes. Quality wise there is nothing wrong, other than these are vinyl sided homes - but those are everywhere. If you want to have the tony address, low maintenance living, great schools and real convenience to any place it's perfect.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:50 AM

1,099 posts, read 3,735,321 times
Another possible reason is that people tend to stay in their homes for 5-7 years, so it is just naturally time for them to move on at this point.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 10,934 times
I (with my wife and child) have lived in Royal Run for the past 3 years. It is far and away a wonderful place to live. Great community (though that might have more to do with our neighbors than with the entire development) and great price. Only cons I can think of for our current house are that it doesn't have a 3 car garage and it's not brick (which I personally prefer). Everything else - schools, community, price, location - are all perfect.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:43 PM

2 posts, read 12,797 times
Default Royal Run Water

Nothings wrong with Royal Run, but something is very wrong with the water company that supplies to Royal Run. They gouge their customers. Those that can move outside the subdivision, which gets its water from Whitestown, are doing so.....

Old 02-23-2014, 07:13 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,367,852 times
Uh, you do realize this thread is over four years old, don't you?

Old 03-03-2014, 08:47 PM

2 posts, read 12,797 times
Yes, but people are still asking the same question. In fact, we did when we were looking to buy there, and that was late last year. We found out about the water situation through friends of friends, and hopefully, the next person who asks "What's Wrong with Royal Run?" will at least have this info in hand before deciding to buy.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:26 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,336,894 times
Stating that the water company gouges customers is useless without an example or more specifics. How do they do this? What is your water bill?

Old 03-05-2014, 05:53 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,055,403 times
I honestly don't understand the obsession with Zionsville... We live in Westfield and I'd put both Carmel and Westfield ahead of Zionsville. Better sidewalks, trails (monon), parks, better shopping, better roads, more dining out options, all around more to do.. and the schools are just as good. I'm not trying to put Zionsville down, it's a great community but I just don't get the obsession which leads to higher prices. Someone please explain to me why it's more desirable than Westfield, Carmel, Noblesville and Fishers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis