Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 05:51 AM

77 posts, read 245,104 times

Advertisements

I've been to Castleton mall and that was nice. Are there any other large indoor shopping malls you guys can recommend?

I've been living in the Indy area for 4 months now and the info I've gotten from this forum has been invaluable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 06:09 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
The Fashion Mall is down 82nd west of Castleton Mall .. at the corner of 96th & 86th. Greenwood park Mall is on County Line Road and 31 ... and of course, the circle city mall in downtown Indy.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:44 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,759,989 times
The new "shopping area" Metropolis on Indy's west side is not an indoor mall but a nice place to shop while the weather is decent.
I guess the roving teenagers may put an end to indoor malls as we have known them these past thirty years. They sure put the kabosh to Lafayette Square, Washington Square and Union Station. This isn't just a local problem. It is happening all around the country.
Welcome to Indy

Old 07-11-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
The new "shopping area" Metropolis on Indy's west side is not an indoor mall but a nice place to shop while the weather is decent.
I guess the roving teenagers may put an end to indoor malls as we have known them these past thirty years. They sure put the kabosh to Lafayette Square, Washington Square and Union Station. This isn't just a local problem. It is happening all around the country.
Welcome to Indy
Thanks hapaleeretired. I used to live near there. I totally understand the concept of outdoor malls in Cali or other places where the weather is always nice, but considering the amount of rain and cold Indy gets each year, Indy outdoor malls do not make much sense to me.

Are these mall teens causing trouble? I know teens like to hang out in malls, but I did not know there was a serious problem with this.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
The Fashion Mall is down 82nd west of Castleton Mall .. at the corner of 96th & 86th. Greenwood park Mall is on County Line Road and 31 ... and of course, the circle city mall in downtown Indy.
Thanks Domergurl

Old 07-11-2009, 01:21 PM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAPP View Post
I totally understand the concept of outdoor malls in Cali or other places where the weather is always nice, but considering the amount of rain and cold Indy gets each year, Indy outdoor malls do not make much sense to me.
Midwestern outdoor malls are not exclusive to Indy. There is one right outside Toledo, OH.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:14 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,059,939 times
There is also Merchant Square, Clay Terrace and Hamilton Towne Center. I think all 3 are also outdoor malls. I think the outdoor malls are neat. It's better than walking around an indoor mall with all the sinthetic lighting. Outdoor malls do make you walk a bit more but hey..I need to walk a little..lol. Metropolis is an awesome place!! And will be more awesome whenever they finished the 2 and 3rd phases. All I know is the 3rd phase will call for a hotel with 2 10 story twin towers.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:48 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,151,799 times
The Fashion Mall at 86th and Keystone definitely is a beautiful, clean and upscale indoor mall. I also happen to like the Cheesecake Factory there.

Castleton is also still a solid mall with the possible exception of Sears on the far east end. Sears never seems to have much business going on.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:04 AM

295 posts, read 949,182 times
If I remember correctly, these are all the indoors Indy-area malls:

Castleton (on 82nd and Allisonville)
Fashion mall (Keystone and 82nd)
Lafayette (on Lafayette and 56th?)
Glen-something? (on Keystone and 46th I think)
Greenwood (in Greenwood, south on 31)

Those are all I can remember...

Old 07-13-2009, 10:32 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamber View Post
If I remember correctly, these are all the indoors Indy-area malls:

Castleton (on 82nd and Allisonville)
Fashion mall (Keystone and 82nd)
Lafayette (on Lafayette and 56th?)
Glen-something? (on Keystone and 46th I think)
Greenwood (in Greenwood, south on 31)

Those are all I can remember...
Glendale is at 62nd and Keystone. It is no longer a mall, but rather, a shopping center or town center or something. There is a Target, Macy's, movie theater, some new strip mall development out front; but the "mall" has been replaced/demolished.

Washington Square on East Washignton Street is another indoor mall, though it is on the empty side. That Target is my Target of choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis