Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 03:58 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,151,799 times

Advertisements

I enjoy seeing all the deer running around in the Geist area. Someone told me that it is almost impossible to take photographs of deer but my daughter took a bunch of excellent closeup photographs of several bucks by her pond the other morning. Truly amazing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 05:12 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,113,260 times
I really like downtown, the Canal and Monument Circle. I am not a "mall person" but the Arts Garden really does it for me.

We also have the Major Taylor Velodrome.

The IMA is gradually turning into a nationally-ranked (if not world-class) art museum.

R-Bistro, Iaria's and The Bosphorus Instanbul Cafe are probably my favorite top three eating places at the moment.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:41 PM

423 posts, read 1,248,441 times
Can't believe no one has mentioned the LONG summer days! Since Indy was placed fully on EST, we are now the western-most big city that is still on the same time zone as New York. Thus, in the summer, it still remains quite late outside until 9:30 pm or so, with some twilight until after 10! Not everyone is crazy about this (after all, it still feels and looks like morning here even when its 12:30 pm), but I think it's great. Especially compared to Chicago, where in the winter it is dark by 4:30 pm; here in Indy, even on the shortest day of the year, it's still light until at least 5:30. Call it mere convenient geography, but I think this is something the city is completely overlooking in terms of marketing.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:47 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,059,939 times
City Market is a neat place to go. Last time I was their before it was renovated they used to allow groups/musicians to entertain people their. They have food from Eastern Europe,Southwest Asia,British Isles,Mexico and a few others sprinkled in their. Very cool place to be around lunch hour.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:19 PM

2,247 posts, read 7,028,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalcedony View Post
Can't believe no one has mentioned the LONG summer days! Since Indy was placed fully on EST, we are now the western-most big city that is still on the same time zone as New York. Thus, in the summer, it still remains quite late outside until 9:30 pm or so, with some twilight until after 10! Not everyone is crazy about this (after all, it still feels and looks like morning here even when its 12:30 pm), but I think it's great. Especially compared to Chicago, where in the winter it is dark by 4:30 pm; here in Indy, even on the shortest day of the year, it's still light until at least 5:30. Call it mere convenient geography, but I think this is something the city is completely overlooking in terms of marketing.
I hadn't even thought about this. You make a very good point, though. Very unique indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis