Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 10:45 AM

44 posts, read 101,151 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Indianapolis soon from Atlanta. I currently bank with Wachovia (even though they don't really exist anymore) and I am totally happy with them. Unfortunately, there are no Wachovias in Indianapolis.

I've been searching for a national bank in Indianapolis to replace Wachovia. I like Chase, but they don't seem to have much of a presence in the South.

What I really want is a very nationalized bank, with branches in Indianapolis, and preferably branches in Atlanta, Baltimore, and Washington DC.

I've looked at:
Wachovia (none in Indy)
Wells Fargo (none in Indy)
Chase (none in DC, Baltimore, or Atlanta)

Does anyone have any advice for this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 11:25 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemTiger0408 View Post
I will be moving to Indianapolis soon from Atlanta. I currently bank with Wachovia (even though they don't really exist anymore) and I am totally happy with them. Unfortunately, there are no Wachovias in Indianapolis.

I've been searching for a national bank in Indianapolis to replace Wachovia. I like Chase, but they don't seem to have much of a presence in the South.

What I really want is a very nationalized bank, with branches in Indianapolis, and preferably branches in Atlanta, Baltimore, and Washington DC.

I've looked at:
Wachovia (none in Indy)
Wells Fargo (none in Indy)
Chase (none in DC, Baltimore, or Atlanta)

Does anyone have any advice for this?
National City. It has been acquired by PNC Bank, and at some point in the near future they should be undergoing their system conversion to PNC. PNC has a prescence in Baltimore and D.C., but I don't believe they're in Atlanta. That may be the best you can do.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:28 PM

It blows my mind that BoA nor Wells/Wachovia are in Indy.

EDIT: Nor Citi or any other national bank.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:24 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemTiger0408 View Post
It blows my mind that BoA nor Wells/Wachovia are in Indy.

EDIT: Nor Citi or any other national bank.
Simple reason -- it's already a saturated market with large regionals. None of them would come in here de novo. It'll have to happen via acquisition. Give them time.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:30 AM

109 posts, read 407,805 times
I moved here from New York and was with Citizens. In Indiana it was known as Charter One. The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) which owns both Citizens and Charter One had the balls to sell off all the Indiana branchs.

Here's the kicker. Even though my address is here in Indiana, my account was opened in New York. SO, I never got notified of the buy out. I go to the bank one day and the signs are all different! I had NO physical bank to go to!

I switched to National City. So far they've treated me pretty good. I have no complaints! Once of the things I like about them is at an ATM you only bank the ATM fee for the foreign bank. You don't get raped on both sides. Which is a relief! I'd recommend National City.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:59 PM

How about Regions bank? Anyone done any banking with them? They have those down in Nashville and Atlanta area.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:09 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Regions bank has one the lowest customer satisfaction rates of the banks in Indy (or so I remember hearing); my experiences with Regions would support that claim.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Regions bank has one the lowest customer satisfaction rates of the banks in Indy (or so I remember hearing); my experiences with Regions would support that claim.
I appreciate that. That helps. Although, it still leaves back to square one, haha.

I'm maybe thinking just not worrying about banks being in other cities and going with Chase. But I'm still not sure.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:25 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,150,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBiggz View Post
I moved here from New York and was with Citizens. In Indiana it was known as Charter One. The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) which owns both Citizens and Charter One had the balls to sell off all the Indiana branchs.
The Royal Bank of Scotland went broke and the British Treasury took it over last year. It was no surprise that it sold off Charter One and Citizens.

Old National bought Charter One in Indianapolis. I personally don't like some of the new fees being charged by Old National such as a $30 overdraft protection fee that Charter One didn't charge.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:16 PM

46 posts, read 154,675 times
What about Irwin Union? Anyone have an opinion/experience to share?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis